CHAPTER SIX

Hoseok hovered over the sleeping human's head, staring down at him with a frown on his face. He flew down closer, inspecting the human closely.

"Why does the Gumiho like you so much?" He muttered to himself. "What makes you so special?"

Hoseok huffed, flying back to a safe distance, in case the human woke up and mistook him for a bug.

"Why hasn't he eating you yet..."

"Because his heart is pathetic." Hoseok jumped when he heard Yoongi's voice and he spun around. Yoongi was glaring at him, his hair dripping down on his face. "I wouldn't even eat it if I was desperate."

"Then why do you care so much about him? Why can't you let us have some fun with him?" Hoseok snapped grumpily, crossing his arms. "Humans never come here, and we all are getting really bored."

"You can't touch him because as soon as I trust him, I'm letting him go. The less he knows, the better." Hoseok scoffed, shaking his head.

"Humans can't be trusted, they never can. Think about what they did to your race, have you got over your fear of fire yet? Are you still claustrophobic?" Hoseok frowned, staring intently at Yoongi. "You're getting soft... You're not going to turn human for this boy, are you?"

"That's just a myth. And all that pitchforks and locking me away was in the past, when humans still feared witches. They've progressed from that stage." Hoseok sighed, floating down on to Yoongi's chest of drawers. He sat there, looking up at Yoongi.

"Humans never change. And their word can never be trusted, so whatever that human has promised you, I suggest you ignore it." Hoseok then flew up again, flying past Yoongi to the doorway. He paused, looking over his shoulder at him. "And I'd be careful, some of us are getting hungry..."

Yoongi sighed and shook his head, chucking his towel over to the corner of the room. He then flopped on the bed next to Jungkook, looking at him as he slept. The human didn't look as sad as he normally did when he slept. Yoongi sighed again and curled up on the edge of the bed, falling asleep.

What he didn't know was that Jungkook had heard most of that and had been feigning sleep. Now Jungkook was worried he might be eaten and also curious as to what the other voice had meant about Yoongi turning human...

-

Yoongi whimpered in his sleep and rolled over, kicking out with his little paws. Jungkook sneezed as one of Yoongi's tails brushed over his nose, tickling it. He then frowned as Yoongi's paw pushed at his arm, slowly pushing him off the bed. Yoongi moved again and kicked Jungkook off the bed, barking.

There was a loud thump as Jungkook hit the floor, startling Yoongi. Yoongi jumped up on to all fours, growling as he looked around. Jungkook sat up, rubbing his back as he glared at Yoongi. Yoongi relaxed once he saw Jungkook, moving over to the edge of the bed.

"You kicked me off the bed in your sleep." Jungkook said. Yoongi turned into a human, grinning as he stared at Jungkook, his fangs shining in the morning light.

"Sorry~" For some reason, Jungkook didn't think Yoongi meant that apology. He sighed, standing up, and then remembered that when Yoongi changed from fox to human, he was naked. From the height he was at, Jungkook had a great view of Yoongi's butt.

His face grew red and he quickly looked away, covering his face. Yoongi realised why Jungkook was getting embarrassed and went on a search for his pyjamas, which were tangled up with the blankets at the end of the bed. He got dressed and looked up at Jungkook, his tails curling up around his body.

"I'm dressed." Jungkook removed his hand from his face and slowly sat down on a spot on the bed that he was pretty sure Yoongi's naked body hadn't touched. Yoongi watched him, moving slightly closer to him.

"Hey Yoongi..." Jungkook said, hesitantly looking up at Yoongi. "What did that person mean last night when they asked if you were going to turn human?" Yoongi then realised Jungkook hadn't been asleep. He shrugged, as if it was no big deal.

"There's this myth that says if a Gumiho doesn't eat a human heart for a hundred days, it will lose all its magical powers and become human." Yoongi said. "But yeah, it's just a myth and it's probably not true."

"But all the people I've seen in this forest so far are supposed to be myths, and they seem to exist... What if it does exist?"

"Well then there are probably some Gumiho still alive out there, that managed to turn human. Don't get any ideas, human, I need hearts like I need oxygen. I'm not giving them up for anyone." Yoongi said, leaning close to Jungkook. "Anyone." Jungkook chuckled slightly, hiding his mouth behind his hand.

"You're like an addict."

-

-

-