Chapter 25

Evan George Minter

Sentenced to 3 years in jail after being found guilty of murdering his wife, Lilly Sandy Minter, on September 14, 2011. In court, multiple witnesses, including their two kids, Simon Evan Minter and Cassandra Adelaide Minter, stepped up to present their sides of the story, including what they saw.

"I wasn't in the room when the shots were fired but I walked in when I heard the shots. I saw my father running out of the room, gun in hand. My mother was lying on the floor, I could tell she was already dead, and my sister just standing there, staring wide-eyed, shocked. I didn't know what to do, I'm glad the neighbors called the police. I'm not sure I wouldv'e been able to." -Simon Minter on the murder.

"I was just playing dress-up with my mom when the door flew open and my dad marched in, probably drunk like always, with a gun in his hand and he--he," At this point, Cassandra Minter is crying and unable to continue, glad she had written her statement down, allowing her brother to continue for her.

"He held the gun up, turning the safety off and putting his finger on the trigger. My mother shouted, I started freaking out. It all happened so fast that by the time he had shot my mother he was already on me, pointing it at my forehead, but he took the gun away, pointing at his head. I heard my brother running up my stairs, and by that time my dad ran off, with the gun, and a few seconds later comes my brother, a few minutes later, the sirens."

The court session had lasted well over two hours, and by the end, the dangerous man was in jail, not being held on bond.

---------------------------------------------

"Hey, wanna go out this weekend?"

I look up, surprised, and see Josh which caused me to smiled.

"Sure!"

I get up, giving Josh a hug and apologizing for the day before and all the bad air Simon and I had put up in the house, making everyone else's day bad. He laughed, hugging me tighter than before.

"Oh come on Cas. I get it, if it was me in the same situation, I would be the same. Everyone forgives you, they were never mad or whatever before anyways so it doesn't matter anyways."

How come Josh always knew what to say to lift my spirits? Make me feel better with just a few simple words? Make my whole day better with just a smile? Put a smile on my face just by being in the same place as me?

These questions had been running through my mind for some time. I could understand it now, answer all those questions with one word, though it will not come out of my mouth for some time. Until I'm 100% sure, know it is he right time.

I pull away from Josh's warm hug, instantly regretting it but knowing the next action will be better. I smile and press my lips to his, not for a heated-long kiss, but for a short-sweet kiss. I take my lips off his, walking away from his warmth once again to sit back on the couch, he came over and sat next to me. He grabs the remote, turning the flat-screen TV on and switching it to a football game. We then sat there, cheering along with the crowd when our team scored, booing with the people when the other team scored. Soon, we found Simon, Harry, Tobi, and JJ in the room, just as interested in the tv as us.

-------------------------------------

Our team had won in the end, 6-4, and now Josh and I were in his room, filming a FIFA video, and it was absolutely hilarious. 20 minutes into the game, we were both on the floor after falling out of the chairs because of our extreme laughter.

Later, after laughing for 5 minutes straight, we continued playing the game, no more distractions now and seriously playing for money. I had bet him 5$ if I won, same for him, just me giving him five dollars. The game was tense, 2-3, with me winning. I laughed evilly, scoring once more, and the timer running out.

"HAHA! Joshey, you gotta give me my money." I replied, standing up, having one hand on my hip. The other hand was placed out in front of me, gesturing for him to hand it over. He frowned, stood up walking over to his wallet. He took out the five green dollars and handed them to me. I counted the dollars, smiling, before saying goodbye to the camera with Josh.

"You just made your birthday gift a whole lot simpler Cas. I just got five dollars cheaper. Do you know how much that is for me? That's a whole dinner. You gonna make me starve huh?"

Josh kept rambling on about how that five dollars couldv'e saved his life if he needed them. Finally, I went up, putting my hand over his mouth, muffling his voice.

"Shut up Joshy. If you need five dollars to save your life, I will give it back. I promise."

Little did I know, Josh hadn't turned off the camera off yet, and that I would be getting a ton of support and hate in the next Zerkaa video.

---------------------------------------------

"So! Dinner?"

I got up to find the stack of menus from the drawer in the kitchen. I gave a small part to each one of the Sidemen, and the rest to myself, before looking through each one, keeping the ones we want, discarding the ones we didn't by placing them back into the open, crowded already drawer. By the time we had all gotten through each of the menus in our hands, we had a total of 10 menus still out. We each traded our menu stacks and threw out the ones we didn't want again. After that we were left with Pizza Hut and Buffalo Wild Wings. We all decided on a simple Pizza Hut, all ordering our own pizza's, mine just a small, the rest of them ordered a medium. I went over, sitting on the couch and snatched the remote from where it was sitting on the coffee table. I searched through the channels before finding a Falling Skies marathon. I switched the show on, hearing JJ ordering the pizza and the stomps of the boy's feet on the hardwood floor coming towards the room. I knew they would think this was a drama and wouldn't like it as soon as they saw Hal or Ben or Anne and Tom being all cutesy-cutesy together, and yeah. But once they watched an episode they would be hooked, like I was.

I hid the remote underneath my fatso thigh, all while realizing quickly it was the first season that they were showing, I could tell because of Jimmy and how young he looked. And that Ben wasn't in the episodes yet.

I heard the groans of the "manly-men" sound when they stepped into the room.

"What the fuck Cassie. What is this?"

"Falling Skies."

"Why is this on?"

"Because I turned it on."

"Well turn it off."

"Turn your mouth off. I'm trying to watch this. And trust me, after this episode You will absoletly love this show. I promise."

I saw Josh walk in and I knew what was coming next.

"Five dollars?"

I chuckled before agreeing to his terms. We all sat down, now that JJ was back, and watched the show. I knew I would be getting quite the stash of money in an hour from these boys.

--------------------------------

I am so sorry about not updating FOR A WEEK! Lol, you probably didn't miss me anyways :P

I was just sick and falling asleep early everynight because=Benedryl.... Yay *Sarcastic* and I will try to get a chapter up on my other two fanfics tomorrow because it is currently 9:17 here and I am tired and phew. Got my first C on two things today (both in science WOO HOO :|) since 5th grade. (I'm in 8th) and yeah. I'm feeling really mad and sad and angry and grumpy and everything bad abut that! I studied- I payed attention- I did all the notes she wanted u s to take..... WHAT ELSE DO YOU WANT FROM ME LADY?

Anyways.... enough about my rant:)

Again, I'm sorry about not uploading, I'll try not to let it happen again!

Rmemeber to comment, like all that fun stuff that you wonderful readers already do!

Thanks! And As Always!

~~~~Author