Story three: SOSing

Adi couldn’t sleep that night. It was really cold. He felt as though he would freeze to death and his legs where hurting like he had ran a marathon. Adi got up from his bed and searched for his socks. Adi wore them and shivered in his bed to see that the windows were kept open. He looked at the sleeping Prithvi and wanted to hit him with the table lamp. Adi walked towards the windows and tried to close them but a sudden gush of wind hit his face and it chilled his spine. The frigid wind made Adi remember those eyes, the eyes of the woman he had seen that morning. She kept on revolving his thoughts the entire day and he couldn’t concentrate on anything else. Adi closed his eyes forcefully. That night he tried his best to sleep but he couldn’t and it was not because of coldness.

*******

Maya was returning after the bath. She had a lady security guard with her. Maya had almost reached her cell when she heard someone screaming. Maya turned around and saw a girl not more than in her teens running towards her. Her clothes and hair were disheveled and she had bruises on her face. The girl had almost reached Maya when the security guards caught her and dragged her back. Maya froze there. The girl was screaming hard and was saying that she was not mad and that she was sent there by her relatives for her money and many other things which Maya couldn’t make out. Maya saw one of the security guards taking a syringe from his pocket and injecting something to the girl and after a few minutes, she was unconscious. Maya checked the other security guards as well. Everyone was carrying syringes with them. Maya was shocked and sad by what she had seen and a lone tear escaped her eyes. The girl was really young and Maya had no idea what they were going to do to her. All she knew was that she had to escape the place as fast as possible.

********

Adi waited near the metal gate every day. He couldn’t find the woman. She never came outside at all. Adi was getting restless and almost gave up but something kept on asking him to look for her again and again. It was a Tuesday and Adi ate his breakfast in a rush and ran towards the gate. He remembered that it was last Tuesday that he had seen the woman and he kind of felt that he was going to see her today and he was right.

Maya was not sure that her plan was going to work. But she had to try. But first she had to find a way out of the place and till then she was not able to figure it out. Maya looked at the tall walls that she would never be able to climb when she felt a hold on her back. It was the guard. He was pressing her buttocks and Maya wanted to kill him then and there by suffocating him with her metal chains but she tried to stay calm. There is nothing she can do about what is happening to her unless and until she finds a permanent escape from the place.

Adi was shocked to see the guard touching the woman. There was a sudden rush of anger in his head and Adi wanted to smash him. He started shaking the gate and screaming. He wanted to break it and run to that security guard and break his hand but the gate was too strong and his attempt was only making the gate tremble a little.

Maya was surprised to hear a sound from one side of wall and she looked carefully to see that it was a gate. Maya hit the security guard with the metal handcuffs and ran towards the gate. She couldn’t see who was on the other side but she tried to shake the gate and screamed for help. She could hear a man’s voice before the guards started hitting her knuckles with metal rods. Blood came out of her hands and it hurt so much but Maya tried her best to hold on to the gate but she was dragged to asylum by the guards. Adi was in shock after he saw what had happened in front of him. She was this close to him and then she was gone and he had no idea what the guards were going to do to her. Adi looked at her blood on his hands and he felt a kind of helplessness that ate up his mind.

The security guard who Maya had hit was bleeding and while he pushed her in to her cell he murmured to her.

Guard: I am going to rape you tonight. How dare you hit me you bitch, now I will show you what pain is.