Story Ten: Medical Science, Fashion and the Man

Yash: You need to do this for me Pooja. Please.

Pooja: I can’t Yash. I have already committed wrong to my family. I have fallen in love with you. I am cheating on Aditya. Now I can’t leak the information from the firm as well.

Yash: Pooja, you know that I am an undercover cop right. I am one of the officers who were assigned to find information about the illegal medical business of the Chopras. I started my investigation from the Hooda firm and I realized that I need help of an insider to get in to their database and when I looked, you were the easiest target. You were married but I found you always alone in parties and poetry nights. Aditya was busy with his job or friends and never had time for you. You needed someone to support you and I found my chance. But when I got close to you Pooja, I fell in love with you and now all I want is us to be safe and happy somewhere.

Pooja: Then why can’t we? I have already spoken to dad. I will talk to Aditya later. He will be angry, and he might threaten us but he will gradually understand. He is a good person Yash, but not my person.

Yash: I really want to do what you are saying Pooja but the more I learn about the case, the more I know how dirty and dangerous their business is. They are spreading epidemics at different parts of the country and later when it goes out of control they would bring medicines to prevent it. And we have found out that, these disease causing bacteria and viruses are tested on humans under confinement somewhere and we are still not able to find any information about the place. People are suffering out there Pooja, our lives matter less when compared to all of that is at stake.

Pooja: I will do it Yash.

Yash: Thank you Pooja.

Yash hugged Pooja and there were tears in their eyes.

*********

Adi was sitting in the kitchen with a laptop in front of him. Maya was cooking facing the opposite side.

Maya: Aditya, what are you doing?

Adi: I am watching the Paris Fashion Week.

Maya: Is it happening on me Aditya?

Adi: Nope.

Maya: Then stop staring at me. I can feel your eyes on me. It’s so distracting.

Adi got up from his chair and walked towards Maya and started kissing her neck and shoulders.

Adi: Is that so?

Maya felt goosebumps all over her body and she turned around to face Aditya.

Maya: Aditya, stop now. I have work and you are supposed to help me with the fashion trends presentation that I am supposed to do.

Aditya smiled innocently.

Aditya: We will do that tomorrow.

Aditya casually moved his hands towards the stove and turned it off and smiled again. Maya turned around and looked at what Adi had done.

Maya: What the hell Aditya? Why did you turn off the stove? I was making biriyani because you wanted it.

Adi: Let’s order online.

Maya: I hate you.

Adi: I love you too.

Adi kissed Maya on her left cheek softly and then on the right cheek. He continued kissing her and Maya thoroughly loved it and she smiled.

Maya: Aditya, what are you doing?

Adi: I am kissing you.

Maya: It’s not even night yet.