Story Four: Daisy Duck and the Magic of Stars

Arjun stopped the car in front of a huge bungalow. It was dark all around. The sky was cloudy and the mist covered stars from visibility.

Adi: Which place is this?

Arjun: It’s our guest house.

Adi: We don’t own a guest house in Nainital.

Arjun: Brother, you have no idea of how many houses we own and which all cities they are in. Even our mom doesn’t know.

Adi: But how come we have properties that I and our mom don’t know about them?

Arjun: They are all related to the legal battles that dad has won till now. Do you remember the case between the Chopra enterprise and the government?

Adi: Yes, and dad won the case. But he was paid well for it as far as I can remember.

Arjun: Come on brother, you don’t have any idea. Chopra’s were at fault and would have lost the case if any other lawyer than dad had appeared for them but they won it and we are at the return gift.

Adi looked at the house in shock and wonder.

Arjun: Anyway why do we care about the house and how we got it? Let’s hide the girl.

Adi: But Arjun, this is illegal.

Arjun: Come one brother, not now, please.

********

Maya opened her eyes to see two men crouched over her and she got shocked and tried to kick them hard. Adi held her legs down with both his hands.

Adi: Arjun, hold her down and cover her mouth.

Arjun: Brother, what? I have only two hands, how can I do both at the same time. Let her scream, no one will hear her here.

Maya blinked her eyes and checked if it was her Arjun, but the voice was different, the face was different. No, her Arjun didn’t come to rescue her. It was someone else.

Maya: Leave me alone assholes. Why in the world does every Arjun want to lock me up? Let me go.

Adi let go of Maya’s legs and took something from his pocket.

Adi: Hold her down Arjun.

Arjun: What is that in your hand?

Adi: Chloroform.

Arjun: What? Did you steal it from the rehab?

Adi: Yes.

Maya: No.

**********

Prithvi: Wake up Aditya, wake up, it’s already eight.

Prithvi got on Adi’s bed and started shaking him. Adi woke up in shock.

Adi: What the hell Prithvi? Let me sleep.

Prithvi: You got to get ready. Arjun will be here to discharge you in an hour.

Adi: Well, yeah, I have to go.

Adi jumped out of his bed and took his clothes and ran to the bathroom and then he retraced his path.

Adi: I forgot to ask you, do you know about what is happening in the asylum. Did Sankar say anything?

Prithvi: That’s the thing, they are going mad there. The CCTV footage shows a guard going inside her cell after midnight and within a few minutes the woman running out of it. Then within five minutes the CCTV was off. They understood that she has escaped the cell but they have no idea if she is outside the compound or is hiding inside the asylum itself. None of the security guards there have the key to the gate and there is no way she can open the gate to the rehab. They have no idea about us, so we are safe.