Story Eight - Expecto Patronum

Jhanvi: So what are your names again? I heard it in the call but I just want to reconfirm.

Adi: Aditya Hooda and Arjun Hooda. You might have heard about the Hooda law firm. It is ours.

Jhanvi: Yes, everyone knows about your law firm and Mr. Harshavardhan Hooda. I have heard that he is the best.

Adi: The best lawyer, yes he is.

Jhanvi: So why are the Hoodas interested in a closed out fashion magazine?

Arjun: Our mother used to love Fashion and the City and she had no idea why it was suddenly stopped. Recently we had a conversation about it and she said that she would like to try relaunching the magazine. She herself was a fashion designer but she hasn’t been working since a long time and she would like to start again.

Jhanvi: But the company is a huge responsibility. My father used to run it and then my daughter but after both of them left, it’s fortune diminished and we no longer could take care of it so my son decided to close it.

Arjun: oh, okay.

Jhanvi: Fashion and the City was all about my daughter Maya. She made it in to the number one magazine in India. I wish she had never left the company. (Jhanvi was lost in thoughts for a moment and then suddenly snapped out of it) So you want it for lease.

Adi: Yes, we want to see if we can run it. Arjun has brought the lease papers and we can decide the amount and then modify it and you can sign it.

Jhanvi: I don’t want any money. I will be really happy if you can relaunch it. It was my father’s dream. I will read the documents and discuss with my son and will give you a call back.

Adi: Thank you so much. You can search about us if you want. Our information is available in the Hooda official site.

Jhanvi: Yes, sure I will do. Thank you. I would like to ask you about something before you leave.

Before Jhanvi could finish her sentence Arjun Sharma walked in. He looked at Jhanvi and smiled and went upstairs. Jhanvi didn’t say anything until he was out of sight.

Jhanvi: I wanted to ask whether you both know anything about my daughter Maya. She is missing since a few weeks and I am really worried about her. If you are associated with her, please let me know.

Adi: Ma’am, we don’t know any Maya.

Jhanvi: okay, fine.

Jhanvi had a sad smile on her face.

*********

Arjun: So are you going to tell her?

Adi: Not now. We have only got the contract and apparently, we need everything else. Starting from employees to the materials and I have no idea how to get it all.

Arjun: Don’t worry brother, leave that to me. Hooda law firm gives legal help for many clients including business firms, educational institutions, fashion firms, modelling firms, you name it, we are everywhere. Legal as well as illegal, our company owns the law business in this country and of course in many other countries as well. You were never interested in law so I never cared to explain this to you but Pooja knew a lot about the firm.

Adi: Yes. Pooja should have been a lawyer too just like dad, she would have done well in lying and cheating and bringing more illegal money home.

Arjun didn’t say anything to that. Adi has always hated the firm and their connections.

********

Maya: What do you mean by I can’t go to my house or talk to my mom? It’s not that I want to do it but I have to. I have been staying in your houses for the last three weeks. Why can’t you understand Arjun, I need to get my life back on track. I need to find a job, not sure if anyone would hire me but still, I have to try. If I can’t find anything here, I will go to some small town where no one will ever recognize me.