Prologue

2015 Santorini, Greece
"There's always something pulling us back, huh."

Katherine and Steve Rogers were currently on vacation.

They got married about 8 months ago, so they could still kind of be considered newlyweds. Katherine gave birth to their twins, Amaya Daniella Rogers and Christian Giovanni Rogers one year ago. It was interesting the way it happened. They were fully developed around 6 months instead of 9. The serum in her bloodstream progressed her pregnancy through, and now since she carried them, the serum was in their bloodstreams too, but it acted differently.

It aged them faster. The twins are technically a year old, but they have the mentality, vocabulary and physical build of children, the age of 12. It was crazy how fast they grew in one year. They were very advanced for their young ages, and that's why Katherine and Steve wanted to take them on vacation.

They took them down to the beach, because Katherine loves laying out, while Steve was in the water with the kids. Katherine did notice herself looking to see if her children had any extraordinary abilities like she and Steve did. Although she and Steve's 'powers' were artificially made, she wondered if maybe the kids would just inherit something through the both of them.

Katherine always loved watching Steve with them, and she loved watching him be a dad. It was funny how it happened though. Christian more resembled Katherine. He had her brunette hair, and brown eyes, although when he was first born he had sandy blonde hair that soon turned brown. Amaya was the same way, born with blonde hair that eventually changed to brown, but she was a big Daddy's girl.

Katherine watched as Steve held Christian on his shoulders as Amaya was splashing them. Thanks to the serums, no matter how big their kids got, Katherine and Steve would always be able to pick them up, because of their super strength. Hearing their laughs, hearing their giggles, it was like music to her ears. She talked to Tony about how the serum was affecting their bodies, and he said once their physical bodies, vocabulary and mentality peak to the mature age of an adult, they'll age slower. He said it was basically like how the infinity serum worked, but different since they only got it from her bloodstream instead of direct injection like Katherine.

"Mom! Mom! I'm outnumbered." Amaya called out for her mom. Katherine lifted her sunglasses and smiled at her daughter before standing up from her chair. Amaya cheered as Katherine walked out to the water, and picked Amaya up in her arms, kissing her cheek, before playing her on her shoulders like Christian was on Steve's.

"Are you boys being unfair?" She asked, looking at her husband and her son. Steve leaned in and gave her a kiss, which both kids said 'eww' together, which made the couple laugh. Growing up the way she did, Katherine never saw this in her future, now this was something she never wanted to let go of, and she never wanted this to be jeopardized.

"Us, unfair? Never." Steve said, while Katherine rolled her eyes.

"This is really great. I've always loved Greece." Katherine said. Steve nodded his head, and kissed their daughter on the forehead before smiling at his wife.

"I could do this all day." He said. Katherine smiled, and then she heard her phone ringing from the chair she had gotten up from.

"Babe, can you take Maya please?" She asked. Steve nodded his head, taking Amaya from his wife's shoulders while keeping Christian stable on his shoulders, while Katherine ran back over to her chair to see that Tony was calling her.

For godparents, they asked Tony and Pepper to be Christian's godparents, and at the wedding, they asked Natasha and Thor to be Amaya's godparents. Thor offered to show them both around Asgard, but they haven't even explained to the kids about their extraordinary strength, they didn't know how they would explain about there being other galaxies and such that people leave on. Maybe when they get 'older.'

"Hey, T. . what's up?" She asked.

"I know you're on vacation, and I hate to do this, but. . we have another mission." He said.

"We as in. .-" Tony cut in.

". .-The Avengers, yes. We're needed in Europe. Has to do with HYDRA. Pepper offered to watch the twins." Tony said. Katherine sighed, and looked out at Steve who was playing with their children in the water, but Steve looked up, noticing Katherine's look and he nodded his head, before wrapping their kids up in their towels and bringing them back to the beach.

"You're lucky that one, we keep our suits on us, and two, we're already in Europe. How is Pepper gonna get the kids?" Katherine asked, right as Steve was approaching her with the kids.

"Aunt Pepper? We get to stay with Aunt Pepper, cool!" Amaya exclaimed, and Tony heard her which made him laugh on the other end.

"We're gonna fly out to Europe together, and Pepper will take the kids back with her." Tony said, and Katherine nodded her head.

"Alright, send me the coordinates of where we're meeting and we'll see you there." She said, which made Tony laugh more.

"Coordinates? Did Steve pull you back into the forties?" Tony asked, which made Katherine roll her eyes.

"Shut up, T. See you soon." She said.

"Alright, I love you." Tony said.

"I love you too." She hung up the phone, and looked at Steve who carried both kids in his arms. Katherine took Christian from his shoulders and kissed his forehead.

"Okay. . we're going to fly to Eastern Europe, and Uncle Tony and Aunt Pepper are going to meet us there, and then you're going to go back with Aunt Pepper to her house, sound good?" Katherine said to her twins. They both had wide smiles on their faces, they loved hanging out with their various aunts and uncles.

"Oh, I like that." Christian said.

"I miss Aunt Pepper." Amaya said.

"She misses you too, princess." Steve said, and then he looked at his wife. "There's always something pulling us back, huh?" He said. Katherine smiled at him and shrugged her shoulders.

"With a life like ours. . we gotta take what we get." She said, and Steve chuckled, before wrapping his free arm around her waist and kissing her on her temple.

"Well, for what it's worth. I love you, Kath." He said.

"I love you too, Cap."

Sucky prologue, but I wanted to give you a cute beginning before we got down to the nitty gritty of this movie.

Don't forget to vote/comment.

xoxo, Micah.