01; Back to Work

2015 Sokovia, Eastern Europe
"No one else is going to deal with the fact that Cap just told his own wife, language?"

THE AVENGERS WERE ONCE AGAIN REUNITED.

They were all in Eastern Europe to fight off an attack this time. Katherine Rogers was seen driving a vehicle with Clint and the Romanoff twins in the back of it, fighting off the men in opposition of them. One grabbed onto the door, and without taking her hands off of the wheel or losing focus, Katherine kicked them down, and she watched Thor fly past them to take down four men that were shooting at them from higher ground.

Various explosions and gunshots went off as Natasha, Nikita, Clint, and Katherine jumped from the truck and brought their fight to the ground. After taking out a couple of soldiers. Katherine was up against one, who got a couple of hits on her before she took them out.

"Shit!" She exclaimed.

"Language." She heard her husband Steve Rogers say over their coms, and the brunette stood shocked that he really just told her to watch her language. "Jarvis, what's the view from upstairs?" He asked.

"The central building is being protected by some kind of energy shield. Strucker's technology is well beyond any other HYDRA base we've taken." Jarvis explained to the group.

"Loki's scepter must be here. Strucker couldn't mount his defense without it. At long last." Thor said.

Natasha threw a smoke grenade at a soldier's feet so she, her sister, and Katherine could get in. One pointed a gun in Katherine's face, and she easily kicked his wrist, before flipping him over and tossing his gun. She jumped up on the shoulders of another soldier, her legs wrapped around his neck, while she grabbed the soldier next to that one by his neck and rolled them both to the ground, snapping their necks as she did.

"At long last is lasting a little long, boys," Katherine said as Natasha went to shoot a couple of soldiers next to them, but, Nikita stopped her before hooking her legs around one's neck, and as the other came after her, she simply grabbed his face and flipped off of the other soldier while the one she touched completely incinerated into dust in front of the other soldiers. While the second soldier who she jumped off of was caught off guard, Natasha shot him.

"Yeah. I think we lost the element of surprise." Barton spoke.

"No... I think Nic is definitely within our element of surprise," Natasha said.

"Yeah, the power of incineration. Where'd that come from?" Tony Stark asked.

"I'm pretty sure you read my file, Stark. Don't ask me questions you know the answer to." Nikita responded which made Katherine and Natasha laugh.

"Well, I think it's pretty cool." Steve Rogers spoke.

"Wait a second, no one else is going to deal with the fact that Cap just told his own wife, language?" Tony said over the coms, which made Katherine laugh.

"I know... just slipped out," Steve responded.

"Oh, that's nothing. When Nikita and I first met, she tasered me." Thor spoke into the coms which made all of the Avengers laugh.

"We're definitely going to need that story," Katherine said.

"As soon as the job's done, yes," Natasha said.

"I'll never live that one down, huh?" Nikita finally spoke, making them all laugh again.

Another surprise had been released on the Avengers.

Two twins with extraordinary powers no one had seen before. A shot blasted off and went straight through Clint's side. As Natasha ran to her friend's aide. Katherine saw her husband get tripped up, but he landed on his feet. "We have an Enhanced in the field." He told the group.

"Clint's hit," Natasha said back as she made it to his side. "Somebody want to deal with that bunker?" She asked, looking to see where more gunshots were coming from. The Hulk then came out of nowhere and ran right through it. "Thank you," Natasha spoke.

Steve and Katherine together were fighting off a round of soldiers, as Katherine spoke into her coms. "T... we really need to get inside." She said.

"I'm closing in," Tony responded, and then after a few moments, he spoke again. "The drawbridge is down, people." He said. Everyone assembled their weapons again, as Katherine and Steve caught up with Thor and Nikita.

"The enhanced?" Thor asked.

"He's a blur. All the new players we've faced. I've never seen this. In fact, I still haven't." Steve said.

"Clint's hit pretty bad, guys. We're gonna need evac." Natasha said to the team.

"I can get Barton to the jet. The sooner we're gone, the better." Thor said. Katherine nodded her head, deciding that she was going to go with them. Clint is one of her good friends as well, outside of their assembled team, and she knew Steve and Tony could handle the rest.

"I'll come with," Nikita spoke as she pulled her gloves out of the pocket of her suit to put them back on her hands. She knew she could touch Thor without killing him, but since the other Avengers were mostly human, she wasn't going to experiment whether her power would affect them or not.

"I'm going to go with them, too. Babe, you and Tony secure the scepter." Katherine said, and Steve nodded.

"Copy that." He said, but before Thor, Nikita, and Katherine could leave, another round of soldiers came approaching the trio.

"Looks like they're lining up," Thor said, starting to swing his hammer. Katherine cracked her baton, the lightning starting to seep through it, but Thor shook his head, indicating that she didn't need it. She turned it back off and strapped it to her thigh.

"Well, they're excited," Steve said, holding up his shield. Thor hit his hammer against Steve's shield which sent an electric wave shock knocking all the soldiers out.

"Well, that was thorough," Katherine said. Thor looked at Steve.

"Find the scepter." He said, and Katherine grabbed her husband and gave him a quick kiss.

"I love you." She said.

"I love you too." He responded. Then Katherine walked over to Thor and wrapped her arms around his torso, and Nikita did the same thing on his other side. Once the two girls had their arms securely around Thor, he swung his hammer a few times before pointing it upwards, catapulting all three of them into the air.

"For gosh sake, watch your language." Katherine heard Tony tease Steve through the coms and that made her laugh, while Steve only sighed before speaking.

"That's not going anyway anytime soon."

That language part was always my favorite one. Oh, how much I love the Cap.

Anyway, don't forget to vote/comment.

xoxo.