08; The Plan

2015 Clint Barton's Home
"Let's go do what we do best."

"Ultron took you folks out of play to buy himself time. My contacts say he's building something. The amount of vibranium he made off with, I don't think it's just one thing." Nick Fury said. The group had just eaten dinner and everyone was just around the house. Natasha, Nikita and Katherine sat at the table. Natasha had Amaya sitting in her lap while Christian was off playing with Cooper.

"What about Ultron himself?" Katherine asked Fury.

"Oh, he's easy to track. He's everywhere. The guy is multiplying faster than a Catholic rabbit. It still doesn't help us get an angle on any of his plans, though." Fury said.

"Is he still going after launch codes?" Tony asked.

"Yes, he is. But he's not making any headway." Fury said.

"I cracked the Pentagon's firewall in high school on a dare." Tony said.

"Which, I have to say. . I was impressed, although Howard was a little upset." Katherine said, and Tony looked at her and raised an eyebrow.

"A little?" He said, and they both laughed.

"Well, I contacted our friends at the Nexus about that." Fury said.

"Nexus?" Steve asked. He was leaning against the wall on the outer part of the kitchen. Katherine looked at her husband, before looking at her daughter who was falling asleep on Natasha's lap.

"It's the world Internet hub in Oslo. Every byte of data flows through there. Fastest access on Earth." Nikita said. Banner looked over at the red-head impressed, because she answered before he could.

"So, what'd they say?" Clint asked.

"He's fixated on missiles. But the codes are constantly being changed." Fury said.

"By whom?" Tony asked.

"Parties unknown." Fury responded.

"Do we have an ally?" Natasha asked, she looked down to see Amaya was sleeping on her lap, and she held her out for Katherine. Katherine smiled at her friend before taking her daughter into her arms, she remained asleep while Katherine rubbed her back while they continued to speak.

"Ultron's got an enemy. That's not the same thing. Still, I'd pay folding money to know who it is." Fury said.

"I might need to visit Oslo. Find our unknown." Tony said.

"Well, this is good times, boss, but I was kind of hoping when I saw you, you'd have more than that." Nikita said to Fury, who only nodded his head.

"I do. I have you. Back in the day, I had eyes everywhere. Ears, everywhere else. You kids had all the tech you could dream up. Here we all are, back on Earth, with nothing but our wit and our will to save the world. Ultron says the Avengers are the only thing between him and his mission. And whether or not he admits it, his mission is global destruction. All this, laid in a grave. So stand. Outwit the platinum bastard." Fury said as he took a seat at the table with the girls.

"Steve doesn't like that kind of talk." Natasha teased, again going back to the language comment he made. The Avengers were never going to let him live that one down. The moment was too funny.

"You know what, Romanoff." Steve said, which only made Natasha smile, and Katherine laugh.

"So, what does he want?" Fury asked, asking about Ultron.

"To become better. Better than us. He keeps building bodies" Steve said.

"Person bodies." Tony said. Katherine stood up from the table and walked over to Steve with their daughter still sleeping in her arms.