05; Together

2015 Avengers Towers
"I just want to do whatever it takes to make this world safer. . not even for us, but for them."

"What's this?" Tony Stark asked when Steve Rogers passed Maria's tablet to Thor. The next day, the Avengers had assembled back in the Tower. Katherine made the decision to have Pepper keep their kids until this was all over, after she cleared it with her, making sure it wouldn't be too much. She didn't know how long this mission of defeating Ultron was going to take, and she didn't want her kids caught in the crossfires.

"A message. Ultron killed Strucker." Steve said. Katherine looked at the tablet to see that it was Strucker dead in his jail cell and 'Peace' was written on the wall in blood. After Katherine had a look, Thor slammed the tablet into Tony's chest so that he could look as well.

"And he did a Banksy at the crime scene, just for us." Tony said.

"This is a smokescreen. Why send a message when you've just given a speech?" Natasha asked.

"Strucker knew something that Ultron wanted us to miss." Steve said.

"Yeah, I bet he. .-Yeah." Nikita said as the computer screen changed. She had been trying to access their files on Tony's computer, but it came up that everything was deleted. "Everything we had on Strucker's been erased." She said.

"Not everything." Steve said. Katherine knew what that meant.

Time to look through files like in the old days.

"You okay?" Steve asked his wife, as she was sifting through files. She looked up at him and shrugged her shoulders.

"It's just the life we live, right?" She said. Steve chuckled, before wrapping an arm around her and kissing her forehead.

"I know. . I miss them too." He said, referring to their kids.

"I just want to do whatever it takes to make this world safer. . not even for us, but for them." She said, and Steve nodded his head, before they walked over and joined the group, and Tony was speaking about a man that he knew, black market arms, but he claims to have never sold him anything.

"He was talking about finding something new, a game-changer. It was all very Ahab." Tony said, as Katherine and Thor looked over the picture. His name was Klaue Ulysses. He definitely looked like he did some sketchy illegal dealings to Katherine.

"This." Thor said, pointing to his neck.

"Ah, it's a tattoo, I don't think he had it." Tony said, and Thor shook his head.

"No, those are tattoos, this is a brand." Thor said, pointing between the two things that he was talking about, sure enough, there was a brand on his neck below his tattoo. Banner was already at the computer, looking up the symbol of the brand.

"Oh, yeah. It's a word in an African dialect meaning 'thief.' In a much less friendly way." Banner said.

"What dialect?" Steve asked.

"Wakanada?" Banner said, completely butchering the name, but Katherine knew what he was trying to say.

"Wakanda." Katherine said, correctly. She, Steve and Tony all looked at each other.

"If this guy got out of Wakanda with some of their trade goods. .-" Katherine cut Tony off.

". .-I thought Howard said he got the last of it though." Katherine said. Banner turned around, not sure on what they were speaking on.

"I don't follow. What comes out of Wakanda?" Banner asked.

"The strongest metal on earth. What Steve's shield is made out of." Katherine said. Steve sighed, and looked at Tony.

"Where's this guy now?"

I'm sorry if this is slow, I know there's not a lot of couple moments, because there hasn't been opportunity for one, but when they get to Clint's house to lay low, I promise some great content.

Don't forget to vote/comment.

xoxo.