10; Rescue & Evacuation

2015 Sovokia, Eastern Europe
"Okay, if you two are done, there's still a rescue mission at hand. Save the gross stuff for the movie about our lives, thank you."

"Katherine! Kath!"

Katherine stood up once she heard her name being called. The familiar nickname letting her know exactly who it was that found her. "Steve." She said, walking to the bars of the cell, and there he was, her husband right in front of her.

"Are you alright?" Steve asked her.

"Yeah." She said, nodding her head.

"The team is in the city. It's about to light up. . but we can't do it without you." He said.

"I don't suppose you found the key lying around somewhere?" Katherine asked him. Steve nodded his head while backing up, and that's when Katherine noticed he had a gun in his hands.

"Yeah, I did." He said. Katherine backed away from the cell door as Steve fired a blast at the lock which in turn melted it off. Katherine moved the door away, and when she walked out, she immediately found herself in Steve's embrace. Then she leaned up to give him a quick kiss.

"What's our play?" She asked.

"I'm here to get you to safety." Steve said, and she rolled her eyes.

"Job's not finished." Katherine said.

"Kath, you've done plenty. . and in case this fight goes left. Our kids need someone to raise them." Steve said. Katherine shook her head, and laid her hand down on Steve's cheek.

"We're both going to help defeat Ultron, and then we're both going to go home and snuggle the hell out of those adorable kids of ours, okay? So let's go. Take me to the fight." She said. Steve grabbed her arm, and pulled her back to him when she tried to walk away.

"Wait." He said.

"What?" She asked. Steve pulled her back into him and brought their lips together again. He knew during a lot of this time, they didn't have much time to themselves because they've been in constant battle, but he just wanted one moment. Just one with his wife. Katherine wrapped her arms around his neck as they continued to kiss, and when they broke apart, she was nearly breathless.

"What was that for?" She asked.

"Because I love you." Steve said, which made her smile.

"I love you too, Cap." She said. The two of them smiling at each other, as they held each other's gazes, almost made Katherine forget that they still had a mission to complete. Then Tony's voice came over their coms.

"Okay, if you two are done, there's still a rescue mission at hand. Save the gross stuff for the movie about our lives, thank you."

The Avengers were trying to evacuate the city of Sovokia, while also fighting off Ultron's robot minions. The most important thing to Katherine was that Steve told her the Maximoff twins were now fighting on their side. When Ultron revealed his true intentions, they didn't support that. So now, instead of fighting against the Avengers, they're fighting with them.

Then while Katherine and Steve were in the middle of fighting off a robot, the ground started to split apart, and then Katherine noticed, they started moving upward. Part of the city was breaking off, and they hadn't been able to evacuate everyone just yet.

"You Avengers. You are my meteor. My swift and terrible sword. And the Earth will crack with the weight of your failure. Purge me from your computers. Turn my own flesh against me. It means nothing. When the dust settles, the only thing living in this world will be metal." Ultron was speaking for all the Avengers to hear. In the midst of his speech, a bot started to come up behind Steve to attack, but Katherine ripped it to pieces with her baton before Steve could even blink.