03; Party Gone Wrong

2015 Avengers Tower
"I almost gave you a run for your money, didn't I?"

The three days had passed, and it was time for the 'farewell' party before Thor took the scepter and went back to Asgard. All of the Avengers plus James Rhodes, Sam Wilson, and others that Tony invited were all gathered together in the Avengers Tower. Pepper offered to watch the kids since she wasn't going to attend the party. Neither she, nor Tony had told Katherine, but they were in a bit of a rough spot in their relationship. Pepper wanted Tony to give up Iron Man and avenging, but Tony wasn't ready to let go.

"Sounds like a hell of a fight, sorry I missed it." Sam Wilson said as the couple walked with him.

"If I had known it was going to be a firefight, I absolutely would've called," Steve said.

"No, no. I'm not actually sorry. I'm just trying to sound tough. I'm very happy chasing cold leads on our missing persons' case. Avenging is the world for the two of you." Sam said, but the 'missing person' he was referring to was the Winter Soldier.

Bucky Barnes.

"Your world is crazy," Sam said as they all came to a stop. Katherine laughed and looked over at him, before pointing. 

"It could be your world too. You definitely saved our asses in D.C." She said.

"Be it ever so humble," Steve said.

"You guys find a place in Brooklyn yet?" Sam asked them.

"I don't think we can afford a place in Brooklyn right now," Katherine said. Steve nodded his head, while Sam looked at the two of them.

"Well, home is home, you know?" Sam said, and yeah. Brooklyn was Steve's home, but it wasn't Katherine's. Although, she could make it her home. She doesn't think she can ever return to Italy again. Even though that chapter of her life with her father was closed at her wedding, the trauma was still there.

"We'll get there eventually."

"I gotta have some of that." Stan Lee himself said to Thor as he was passing around alcohol. Mainly pouring a drink for Katherine and Steve seeing that neither of them is able to get drunk. Thor shook his head while chuckling. Nikita stood at her boyfriend's side with a drink in her hands, waiting for this drink he was going to pour that he claimed is only for non-mortals.

"Oh, no, no, no. See this... this was aged for 1000 years. In the barrels built from the wreck of Grunhel's fleet. It is not meant for mortal men." Thor said, handing the couple their glasses, before making one for himself.

"Neither was Omaha Beach, blondie. Stop trying to scare us, come on." Stan said, holding his hand out. Thor looked at Katherine and Steve, and the brunette shrugged her shoulders.

"Give the man what he wants." She said, and Thor laughed.

"Alright..." He said, pouring him a small shot before handing it off, Stan then had to be helped out of the party, while Katherine held her glass up towards the boys and Nikita.

"Here's to not being able to get drunk." She said, and the four of them laughed while taking their shots back.

Nikita walked up to the bar, as she saw Natasha walking away, after seeing her flirting with Bruce. She leaned against the bar and looked at Banner after Natasha left. "It's nice." She said, and Banner looked over, surprised to see her.

"What... what is?" Banner asked, which made her laugh a little.

"You and my sister," Nikita said, and Banner stood up from leaning on the bar, and shook his head.