04; Ultron

2015 Avengers Tower
"That was dramatic."

"Stark." Steve Rogers said, as they all looked at the device that didn't seem quite all put together. Tony looked as confused as everyone else. Katherine, and the rest of the Avengers now all stood at alert, just in case a fight were to break out.

"Jarvis." Tony said.

"I'm sorry, I was asleep. Or, I was a dream." The bot continued to speak.

"Reboot Legionnaire OS. We got a buggy suit." Tony was saying to his system, but it didn't seem to be working, because the bot continued speaking.

"There was this terrible noise. And I was tangled in. . in strings. I had to kill the other guy. He was a good guy." The bot said.

"You killed someone?" Steve asked.

"Wouldn't have been my first call. But, down in the real world, we're faced with ugly choices." He responded.

"Who sent you?" Thor asked, then much to everyone's surprise, a recording of Tony's voice started to play, so Katherine looked directly at him as she listened.

"I see a suit of armor around the world." It said.

"Ultron." Banner said, finally catching on. That sentence was from a conversation that he and Tony had about creating Ultron as a peacekeeper to help fight alongside the Avengers.

"In the flesh. . or no, not yet. Not this chrysalis. But I'm ready. I'm on mission." Ultron spoke. Katherine looked away from Tony and looked back to the bot.

"What mission?" She asked.

"Peace in our time." He said. There was a slight pause, as the Avengers all waited for something to happen, and then it did. Three robots came flying through the wall. Steve kicked up the table to block the blow, but it ended up pushing him to the ground anyway.

Thor knocked one away with his hammer, while Tony and Rhodey went for their suits. Katherine watched as Steve jumped onto one of the backs of the robots, and all it did was throw him backwards into the wall. When it came down, Katherine jumped up, pulling her baton from her thigh, letting the lightning short out the circuit of the bot, and they both came down to the ground.

"Anthony!" She exclaimed. She was not happy, because this program attacking them was something that Tony created.

"One sec, one second." He said.

"Steve!" Katherine exclaimed, picking up her husband's shield and throwing it to him. He caught it mid-air before throwing it towards one of Stark's robots. The impact of his shield split the robot in half before it came back to him like a boomerang.

"That was dramatic." Ultron said, after they had taken out all of the extra robots. "I'm sorry, I know you mean well. You just didn't think it through. You want to protect the world, but you don't want it to change. How is humanity saved if it's not allowed to evolve? With these?" Ultron asked, as he picked up the upper half of one of the robots.

"These puppets. There's only one path to peace. The Avenger's extinction." Ultron said. Hearing enough already, Thor threw his hammer right at the bot, which broke it apart completely, but even after the impact, the voice could still be heard.

"I had strings, but now I'm free." It said before it completely powered down. The Avengers went down to what Katherine likes to call Tony's lab. He's not a doctor with a lab in that sort of way, but this is where he makes all of his Iron Man suits and all of his technology.

"All of our work is gone. Ultron cleared out. He used the Internet as an escape hatch." Banner spoke.

"Ultron." Steve said, shaking his head.