chapter one - toujours pur

Toujours pur. Always pure. The Black family motto was the one phrase that had been drilled into her head since she was a child. They had always told her that she was a Black. She should be proud of her blood purity and name. She was basically royalty.That Muggles and Mudbloods were mindless idiots who deserved to be taken advantage of by the superior pure-bloods.

Then there was the tapestry. The family tree with the birth and death date of every single Black from the past 7 centuries. As soon as someone was born, their name and birthdate would magically appear on the tree. When Bellatrix was 8, she had asked her mother Druella why some of the names were burned.

"Because they did not deserve to carry the Black name," she had replied "They were blood traitors and not worthy to be on the tree."

"Now listen Bella, blood traitors are just as bad as those Mudbloods. You are better than that. You are a member of the Noble and Most Ancient House of Black. Don't you ever associate with them! I will not have you tarnish the Black reputation just by talking to some filthy little Mudblood. We are never to talk about the scum that have been blasted off this tree and don't let me ever hear you say a word about them." Druella had told her.

And Bellatrix listened. She implanted those ideals in mind and she vowed to stick to them until the day she died. And she did just that.