chapter three - hogwarts express

Bellatrix would be starting Hogwarts the next day and she had to be dropped at Kings Cross. Her mother and father would obviously not accompany her because going there would be to common. They had arranged for their house elf Tilly to go to the station with her.

Andromeda and Narcissa had begged their mother to go to Platform 9 3/4 with Bellatrix and Druella finally caved.

"Yes, yes! I'll tell Tilly that she needs to take you two as well," she said in an exasperated voice. "Make sure you behave yourselves and act like proper ladies."

Tilly would apparate all three of them to the station, drop off Bella and then come back to the house. Bellatrix was up in her room with her sisters doing some last minute packing.

"Textbooks?" Narcissa asked

"Check" Bellatrix replied

"Robes?"

"Check"

"Hat?"

"Check"

They continued that until their other house elf Kenna walked in and said "Miss Bella, Miss Cissy and Miss Andy, it is now time for you to go to bed! You must wake up early tomorrow!"

All of them went to their respective rooms and lay immersed in their own thoughts. Bella was eager to finally go to Hogwarts. Andy was waiting for her 11th birthday. And Cissy lay there wondering what would happen when they will leave her.

—————————-

"Bellatrix Black! Get downstairs this minute!" Druella yelled "You are going to be late! A lady must always be on time! Have I taught you nothing? Narcissa and Andromeda are already ready!"

"I'm coming, I'm coming!" She shouted back

She climbed down the stairs to see her mother sitting on their fancy, Victorian style sofa. She could hear her sisters talking in the kitchen.

"Bellatrix, at Hogwarts you are to make connections with children from other pure blood families - especially the Sacred Twenty Eight," she said crisply. "Now I just found out that the Avery girl - Araminta, is also starting this year. You are to befriend her because this is a suitable connection for our families. Now as for the boys, I have heard the Rodolphus Lestrange is also in your year. The Lestrange are old money - almost as rich as us. I hope you will create your own circles at Hogwarts. Now hurry up. You'll miss the train!"

She quickly walked to the kitchen where Tilly, Andy and Cissy were waiting for her.

"Now I want all of you to touch my hand and get ready" Tilly said brightly

They all grabbed her and Bellatrix immediately felt a horrible sensation that was known as apparating. After a few seconds she opened her eyes.

It was extremely loud with kids and parents shouting goodbyes. Mothers kissed their children and fathers waved them off. Bellatrix had never seen such a huge crowd in her life. There were owls screeching, toads croaking, knickknacks flying and and little children wailing. She could tell that her younger sisters were overwhelmed by the crowd, and frankly, so was she.

Her immediate thought was that Sirius would love the noise and the fun.

The scarlet engine known as the Hogwarts Express stood there emitting large amounts of steam and fog.

She looked at her sisters and they both looked on the verge of tears.

"We'll miss you Bella" Narcissa said softly

"Yes we will" Andromeda added on

"It's okay. I'll be back for Christmas in no time. I already promised I would write to you everyday. Now I must get on the train. Goodbye!" She said softly and hugged them both. They both kissed her cheek and waved her off as she walked into the train.

The train conductor yelled loudly from somewhere far away, "Students on the train now! Hogwarts Express is departing immediately!"

Bellatrix waved back to her sisters and went to find the pure bloods her mother told her about. After some looking around she found a compartment with Rodolphus Lestrange, 2 other boys and Araminta Avery.

She strolled inside and immediately all heads turned.

"Well, who do you think you are? What's your blood status? No one can just stroll in our compartment" Rodolphus snarled at her.

"Pure blood. I'm Bellatrix Black," she said proudly.

"Oh, then you can come sit here - next to Araminta" the boy sitting next to Rodolphus said, obviously surprised.

"Nice to meet you Bellatrix , I'm Amycus Carrow." introduced the boy who told her to sit down. In her opinion she thought he looked a bit like a troll with his huge nose.

"I'm Augustus Fawley," the other boy replied. He was so scrawny and frail and she thought that a strong wind could knock him out. He seemed to be shivering.

"Yes, and my name is Rodolphus Lestrange," he said arrogantly. He had dark hair just like her but piercing steel grey eyes which made you feel like you want to hide from his towering gaze. "And this is Araminta Avery." He pointed to a plain and shy looking girl facing the window. She waved at him.

"Which house do you think you'll be in?" Augustus asked.

"Obviously Slytherin. My father told me that is the only respectable house" Rodolphus said proudly.

"My father said the exact same thing. The other houses are filled with blood traitors and Mudbloods" Bellatrix said.

All the boys nodded approvingly at her and then Amycus said, "When do you think we'll get there?"

Araminta finally spoke and said softly "I think can see Hogsmeade so we should change into our robes now"

Bellatrix changed and then proceeded to look out the window to see if she could see the castle. And then a huge and beautiful castle stood there. She and everyone else gasped - amazed. The train stopped and she got off the train.

A gruff voice bellowed "Firs' years of here! Firs' years over here!"

She looked up and saw a huge man. She silently thought he looked like a big oaf. Rodolphus immediately voiced those thoughts by saying to her:

"He looks like he has giant blood in him. The big fat oaf! He's the servant of Hogwarts apparently!"

They both walked towards the boats at the edge of the lake and immediately sat in one of the them.