chapter eight - walburga and orion black

"Andromeda and Narcissa, sit up straight, for Merlin's sake! They are coming soon!" Druella shrieked at them.

Bellatrix walked into the drawing room to see her mother fussing over the dust on Andromeda's dress that was only visible too her.

"Bellatrix! Good you're here. What happened to you? Now sit down!" She said hurriedly as she waved her wand and her hair and clothes suddenly became more cleaner and organised.

Bellatrix sat down next to her sisters who smiled at her.

"Aunt Walburga and Uncle Orion are coming for tea" Andromeda said quietly in her ear.

She nodded. Bellatrix knew that her parents detested her aunt and uncle because her grandfather left all his money to his youngest daughter, Walburga instead of Cygnus solely because she had produced boys and heirs. She knew her father resented all three of them because they were all girls and as they lost him a fortune.

She never fully understood why people acted so fake around each other when they clearly hated each other's guts. Bellatrix knew that if she ever disliked someone, she would tell it to there face instead of secret jibes at each other. Her mother talked bad about her aunt Walburga behind her back constantly and she knew her father detested her uncle Orion as well. But when they met up, they were all smiles and shaking hands. Usually, the women would sit in the living room gossiping whilst sipping tea and the men retired to the smoking room to talk politics, but today they were all meeting for tea in the drawing room.

"Shhh. They're coming!" Druella whispered to them while standing a few feet away from the door.

The door opened and in walked her father, her uncle and her aunt.

"Druella, you look absolutely lovely" Walburga said in a sickly sweet voice

"So do you, Walburga!" Druella replied in a equally sweet voice.

"Yes Cygnus, your daughters grow prettier by the day." Orion said while bearing his yellow teeth. Bellatrix inwardly shuddered. She knew that it was both an insult and a compliment at them because her uncle loved to remind her father that he produced 2 sons and Cygnus had 3 daughters.

She saw her father stiffen and shake her uncle's hand solemnly.

"Yes of course. Now please sit down and have some tea" Cygnus Black replied curtly.

All the adults took their seats and the conversation turned into current Ministry problems. Bellatrix blanked out until the conversation turned to Hogwarts.

"The filthy muggle lover is still Headmaster isn't he? Who in there right mind who want him to teach? He supports the Mudbloods in the school and encourages more people to welcome them!" Walburga Black said while sipping her blood red wine.

Bellatrix looked around the room to see her father staring at her intently.

"Yes, and what do you think about the current Headmaster, Bellatrix?" Cygnus Black said slowly. Bellatrix immediately knew this was a test to see if she learnt her lesson from her father.

"He does not deserve the title. His acceptance of those Mudbloods is absolutely disgusting!" She said confidently.

All the adults nodded at her and her father gave her a satisfied smile. The topic immediately changed to muggle hunting and how it should be made legal. She almost started to doze off until a sharp voice addressed her.

"There must be so many Mudbloods at Hogwarts, Bellatrix, so how do you deal with them?" Orion said sharply.

Bellatrix knew how to answer this question perfectly. Honestly.

"Rodolphus and I usually ignore them. Some of them can be a bit mouthy, but a good hex can shut them up. A few times, the teachers have tried to pair me up with them - they won't now anyway!" She said quickly.

Walburga and Orion gave a sort of encouraging smile while her mother nodded approvingly at her. Her father gave her a proud yet curious look. She knew she had qualities that he valued in boys, confident, daring and bold - definitely not ones that should be in girls, but Bellatrix pulled it off well.

"Now, you should come over for Christmas old chap. Bring Regulus and Sirius as well, will you Walburga?" He said.

Druella's smile froze on her face.

"Yes of course, dear brother!" Walburga said in a fake, high pitched voice.

"Great! I'll get the elves to prepare a great lunch!" Druella said in a nasal voice.

"Well, goodbye!" Orion said quickly while shaking her fathers hand and patting Narcissa's head like a dog.