chapter four - slytherin house

As she and Rodolphus sat in the boat, another boy came up to them and asked,

"Um hi...do you mind if I sit with you?" He said shyly

"Blood?" Bellatrix demanded.

"You want to take my blood?" he asked, obviously confused.

"Euggh Mudblood! No you can't sit with us you piece of filth!" Snarled Rodolphus.

The boy quickly scampered away to sit with someone else. Another girl strutted right into their boat and sat down gracefully next to Rodolphus.

"How dare you think you can just sit next to us without asking you little idiot!" Bellatrix scowled

"Ophelia Greengrass." She said in a silky and high voice that made Bellatrix want to strangle her. Rodolphus smiled at her and she smiled back.

Ophelia turned her head around to see the other students scrambling to get a boat. She made a face and hissed,

"So many Mudbloods and blood traitors. I can't believe Dumbledore doesn't segregate the bloods here."

"I can't believe it either! I wish my parents had sent me to Durmstrang! At least then I wouldn't have to go to school with this filth!" Rodolphus snarled

A loud voice interrupted them by saying,

"Hello firs' years, I'm Hagrid! Now we'll cross the lake so we can get to the school!"

Rodolphus yelled out "Why do the other students take the carriages? Why do we have to  take the boats?"

He looked at Rodolphus for some time before saying, "Lestrange was it? It's a tradition at 'Ogwarts! You'd know all about that! Every firs' years done it. Now come along!"

They sat in the boats and travelled till the castle. They were then placed in a place called the Entrance Hall.

Soon, a formidable looking with a tight bun walked in. She spoke in a very crisp and get-to-the-point voice.

"I'm Professor McGonagall. In a few minutes you will all go into the Great Hall to be sorted into one of the four houses. For good work, you will gain points and for any misdoings, you will lose points. I hope you will be an asset to whichever house becomes yours. Let's go in now."

All the little first years scrambled into the Great Hall while admiring the surroundings. They finally reached the stage and they all stood quietly in front of the Sorting Hat.

Bellatrix secretly thought how useless the Hat looked - old and frayed. She watched as the Hat began a song.

(Insert a song here)

McGonagall now stepped forward holding a long roll of parchment.

"When I call your name, you will put on the Hat and sit on the stool to be sorted" she said.

"Anderson, Graham!" she called

A chubby and short boy walked towards the Hat and sat on the old stool. Hufflepuff, Bellatrix thought. The house of mindless idiots. A moments pause -

"HUFFLEPUFF!" the Sorting Hat called

Bellatrix secretly smiled to herself.

"Addington, Millie!"

A thin girl with thick-rimmed glasses slowly walked up. Ravenclaw, Bella thought to herself. After a few moments,

"RAVENCLAW" the Hat yelled again

"Avery, Araminta!"

Araminta walked up to the stool shaking. Obviously Slytherin, Bellatrix guessed.

"SLYTHERIN!"

Bella looked extremely proud of herself for her knack of guessing houses.

"Black, Bellatrix!"

She walked gracefully to the stool just like how her mother told her. Professor Mcgonagall placed the Hat on her head.

Another Black eh? Lots of cunning and ambition and a wish to prove yourself! All qualities Salazar admires. You'd make a great SLYTHERIN!" the Hat shouted

She could have danced right there! She was in Slytherin! She had to stop herself from running to the Slytherin table. Instead she walked carefully and sat down next to Araminta. She watched Rodolphus, Augustus, Ophelia and Amycus all get sorted into Slytherin.

When the Sorting was finally over, Dumbledore stood up and looked around at the students. Everyone immediately quietened down.

"Muggle lover" Bellatrix whispered to Amycus. He nodded back at her.

She tuned off the entirety of Dumbledore's speech. After some moments, Dumbledore told them to tuck in. Bellatrix looked around at the food and had the urge to grab everything. But she instead contained herself and only ate a little bit. Her mother would kill her if she got fat at Hogwarts. That would not be ladylike, she thought quietly.

Once the feast was done, the Slytherin prefect stood up and directed all the first years to the dungeons.

"The password to our common room is Parseltongue. Remember it because it will be the password for the term. Now hurry along!" She said encouragingly.

They finally reached the entrance to the common room. The prefect led them in and directed them to the boys and girls dorms.

Bellatrix looked around the common room. They seemed to be underwater and the entire room had a greenish tinge. The armchairs and sofas look plush and velvety. There were huge banners with the Slytherin coat of arms. She walked down the stairs which led to her dorm. There was already another girl in there.

"Rita Skeeter," she held her hand out. She had platinum blonde hair and purple glasses. She looked extremely idiotic.

"Bellatrix Black." She said with her head up high and refusing her handshake. Rita snarled and went to bed. After a while, Ophelia and Araminta walked in and went to bed.

Bellatrix fell asleep thinking about her sisters and how she had to write to them the next day.

(yay I posted!)