chapter fifteen - ted tonks

They were already into the first days of school and Andromeda was still having trouble finding her way around the castle. Bellatrix had  decided that she would accompany her younger sister instead of with her friends so to help her around.

Unfortunately today, Professor McGonagall had dismissed her late because she had supposedly interrupted the class multiple times   and she had given Bellatrix a detention.

Bellatrix had to rush towards the Charms classroom to collect Andromeda and take her for lunch in the Great Hall.

As she finally turned around the corner to the Charms corridor, she saw Andromeda talking to a boy wearing the Ravenclaw uniform. She had never laid eyes on this boy but assumed it was one of the purebloods in the year below her.

Bellatrix yelled across the corridor loudly while running to get her sisters attention,

"Andy! Come on!"

She ran towards the pair and turned to the boy who started speaking.

"Andy? So you do have a nickname!" He laughed jovially.

Bellatrix turned to him coldly, "Only I can call her that. Who even are you?"

"I'm Ted. Ted Tonks."

"Tonks? Andy is he a Mudblood?" She said sharply to Andromeda.

"I think so Bella," Andromeda replied quietly.

"What? How dare you talk to my sister? She's a Black? And what are you? A filthy little Mudblood!" She snarled at Ted.

Bellatrix took out her wand and pointed it at him. Ted eyed it warily but didn't look scared.

"Well I'm sorry Bella, but you can't tell me what to do. And please don't call me Mudblood, I prefer Muggle-Born,"

"You prefer Muggle-Born? Who do you think you are to tell me that?" Bellatrix snapped at him.

She waved her wand and said loudly, "Furnunculus,"

Huge hives and pimples erupted from Ted's face and he yelled something incomprehensible to Andromeda and tried to walk towards the Hospital Wing.

Bellatrix laughed loudly and muttered curse words under her breath as she dragged Andromeda across the corridor.

Bellatrix and Andromeda ignored the crowd forming around them and walked down quickly to their dungeon common room.

As they entered the dark green room, plenty of heads turned towards them but they simply walked past and into the girls dorm.

They entered Andromeda's dorm and the two girls inside, Theodora Yaxley and Elizabeth Rosier took one look at Bellatrix and scampered out of the room while whispering amongst themselves.

Bellatrix fell down on Andromeda's four poster bed and motioned for her sister to do the same.

She sat down gracefully and allowed Bellatrix to play with her long, brown hair and run her fingers down it.

"Bella you didn't have to hex that boy, he did nothing wrong," Andromeda said slowly, not wanting to anger her short tempered sister.

"Seriously Andy, he's a Mudblood. Don't talk to him anymore. I made sure he won't talk to you again. Just be grateful you're not one of them, and don't tell anyone what you just said, you'll be labelled as a Muggle Lover, even though you're not."

"I know, I won't do it again," She sighed.

"Good, now do you have any homework?"

"No I finished it all!" Andromeda said proudly.

"Of course you did, my Andy does everything!" Bellatrix sighed dramatically.

"But Bella don't you have a test tomorrow? I heard the others studying for it, you might flunk it!"

"Yes I do, but I do I look like I care? Do you think the Dark Lord will care about the amount of OWLs or NEWTs we get? When I become a Death Eater-" Bellatrix stopped herself just in time.

Andromeda literally froze in her place. Her back became as she turned to her older sister and gave her a look of pure fear.

"That's who was in the dining room on Christmas, that's why Mother and Father were so proud! He said you could become a Death Eater? How could he? You're so young, it's dangerous, oh Bella how could you-"

"Don't say anything Andy, he's doing it for us! The pure bloods! Our family could benefit so much from this, so what's wrong with becoming part of his army? It's an honour, a true honour! He picked me! A girl! Father said when I turn of age I can join, I'm so happy!" Bellatrix ranted with a wild look in her dark, heavy-lidded eyes.

Andromeda stared at her sister in disbelief - this wasn't her Bella. The insane look in her eyes wasn't her Bella.

What had that man done to her Bella?

I know this is a short chapter but I'm going to update more and more now that I'm on summer vacation!

Sorry for the slow update, I was in China for camp and they took our phones so I couldn't update.

Also, thanks everyone for 900 reads! Yay!

xx Sanaya