Case 1: The Burned Marks, Chapter 2

August 25, 2019, 9:26 AM

I scoured the internet for papers, leaked emails, news reports and people for any information about this man or the event, I have two cases now, the murders and this man, I cannot believe what happened, and yet I do.

And jackpot, I found a leaked email of a citizen sending an email to the police, the person's name was Jafk Nickeel...what are with these names, the email was send with its original location being scrambled so no way to track...but what he told sounded like my experience, everything stopped around him, but here is the kicker, the man spoke to him, mine was just 2 shakes of the head and a point, while Jafk had a conversation but he tells nothing of it.

So I sent an email to him, asking to interview him personally in person, hoping to get a reply with a yes,  I also lied about working with the police, to up my chances.

Not even a minute and he gave me an address, must be his home, seems like an apartment from the looks, I reply with a thank you and that I'll be on my way.

I hope nothing bad happens, I grab my gun and put it in my gun holster, I grabbed the notepad and pen, put on the brown coat and this time my nice detective hat, I heard it's cool these days, and I go to leave the building...and then, I get another email.

It read:

"I want you to promise me, under no circumstances, you will think of me as a monster or the supernatural, you will though think of me as a regular citizen of a city I do not belong to"

Certainly strange, but if I want answers, I'll have to follow that, I reply with a simple okay and go on my way.

Walking on the sidewalk, I noticed there was an unusual amount of children playing, as if there was some event, I simply ignore, probably like a big meet up or something and they play games.

I was able to make it to the apartment complex, 6 minute walk, at least it wasn't an hour.

I walk inside, pretty nice looking, but I much rather have my own home, I go to the front counter.

"Hello sir, how may I help you?" she asked me.

"I came to visit someone at 16-2" I said as I looked around a little.

"That would be on the second floor, use the elevator and go straight then right when you reach the first hall, you'll then find it"

"Thank you" I nodded and went to the elevator, I pressed the button for floor 2 and the door closes...it goes up...nothing dramatic really happens, hopefully.

And I hear the all familiar ding noise, the door opens once again to reveal a hallway, I go straight on and took the first right, I read all the numbers until I find 16.

There it is...I knock on the door "Hello, this is Gears..." after a little waiting, the door opens...and I didn't really like what I see.

"W-Welcome..." he said, voice a bit raspy and a bit high pitched, his body....it was inhumanly skinny, I can see the bones outlines, he had no eyes, I am a bit glad for that, he had very big empty eye sockets.

His mouth was crooked, he wore a tight green shirt, tight jeans and a small green hat...this is what Jafk means by not to think of him as monster or supernatural.

"H-Hello" I said, certainly nervous, it was obvious "I didn't expect to...see you like this but I made a promise to you."

He simply nodded and stepped out of the way "Please, come in..." he said, giving a small smile.