Case 2: Love Thief, Chapter 1

September 2, 2019, 6:01 PM

My hands felt heavier but that is nothing to really worry about, I hope, I walk out my room as my pocket watch gave a single loud grinding tick...I look at it as it pointed the way, I assume his office, and I follow, not questioning it.

It led me down the hallway back into the main area, the big lobby, before pointing at some stairs, it was quite dark but I went on up the stairs.

I find myself at a split, it pointed right but I was curious about the left...the pocket watch made a dinging noise as a thought comes into my mind, a thought I didn't think off.

'Mental note saved'

I was confused...but then again, I am always confused about everything, I went into the right hall split and continued down until I reached a rather strange looking door, made of clockwork, I can see steam pumping out of some pipes in the door, I knock on it as it automatically open, inside was a rather nice looking room...placed in the very head of a Clock Tower, I can hear loud ticking as gears spin, operating the tower automatically, steam sometimes comes out of the gears, this really was his office.

I enter inside as the door closes, a man was sitting behind a desk, writing, he looks up, it was him, Mr.Clock, he puts down the pen in his hand and proceeds to put his hands together.

"Hello...Gears" he said, his clockwork eyes stare at me "take a seat, ask as many questions as you want until Ms.Latenvorg comes"

"Good, I have several questions, 1, why am I here, 2, why am I chosen, 3, where in god's holy gracious am I, and 4, who and what are you?" I asked all at once.

He sighs as he clears his voice.

"1, You are here to become a Worker, 2, you are chosen due to your skills which will be increased by the potion, 3, you are in Cigam as Lilian told before, the world of the supernatural and powered, humans can visit but have to sign a contract made by Majors and have connection to at least one magic or supernatural user, such as Jafk, time also moves slower here than out there, and 4, I am Mr.Clock, I cannot tell what I am and won't anyways until circumstances meet, also won't be told when and how...does that answer your questions?" he said, sounding a bit tired.

"Yes, yes it does" I answered back "Not as much as I wanted, but enough" he nods "but one more...who are the Majors you mentioned in the third answer" I ask, he thinks a bit.

"This city needs some people who take control, I do my own things, never really with the city besides a few things, I am good friends with the Majors though, but anyways, the Majors are powerful supernaturals and powered beings, there are 4 of them, each with their own history and purpose, and a good friend by their side...I'll tell you who they are, you might meet them at some point..." he clears his throat as I relaxed to listen along.

"A princess of the sky, Kita Proton Bright, female, 30 at the moment, a Human Bird Hybrid, or better known as Harpies...not really but still, she used to be from a kingdom that lies in the skies but...it slowly fell because of itself, the people rebelled for no particular reason, most of her family have gone corrupted, and her older brother, who was not corrupted, died protecting her from everyone, sending her down to the land below, when she reached the land below...she was very injured, but a traveling merchant saved her by taking her to a nearby city, this very city, the merchant was an Artisan..he had no name and simply went by Dressmaker, or Dressy for short, and he became a sort of best friend to Kita, this Artisan merchant was also going to set a clothing shop and brand called 'Magik', and due to him, she was lucky to live...after that, while healing from her injuries, she noticed the city was falling into itself, like her kingdom, she didn't want to see it happen again, and so, she stayed to help the city, she was the first, and a great helper to the city, she was the reason the city thrived again"

He takes a sip of tea, which was suddenly on the table, a cup waiting for me too, I wasn't surprised, I took the cup and taken a sip too.