Case 2: Love Thief, Chapter 2

September 2, 2019, 6:47 PM

We were walking to The Poison Well, it was quite far from The Lost Home, and Pandora followed us.

"So Pandora, if I may ask out of curiosity, how did you become a Worker?" I asked when I looked back to look at her.

She thinks a bit before giving her answer.

"I...um...I was accepted by Mr.Steam because of my cu...cu...what was the word again...oh yeah, c-curiosity, and my ability to search for things because of my cat senses, I also got to turn all slimy and stuff because of a p-potion" she said.

"Anything else?" I asked again.

"O-Oh, and because he took care of me and saw what I was c...c...c-capable off,I used to s-scour the streets all alone with no h-home, searching for food and s-stealing things to survive..." she said.

"Can it be that easy to be a Worker? Then again, it probably is a rather dangerous job so needing people is going to be a bit high...without the whole faith thing" I said.

We continued to walk until we eventually reach the popular hotel, it was very tall and wide, looking a little luxurious too.

"I wonder why it is called The Poison Well..." I said to myself as we go inside, a demon was at the front desk, she notices us.

"Welcome to The Poison Well" she would then notice the Worker pins.

"Oh, have you come to investigate?" She asked.

"Yes we are, might I ask where the room of the first victim is?" Lucy would ask.

"Room 172, 7th floor, the door is already unlocked and blocked by Red Tape" she said.

"Alright, thank you" Lucy said, though both of us noticed Pandora was already quick to go, we followed quickly to catch up, she goes into an elevator whilst we also eventually entered.

She would press the 7th floor button as the door closes and it starts to move.

"Also, Pandora, it is best to stay like this, turning into your slime girl form might mess with any evidence" I suggested, she nodded softly.

The familiar elevator ding plays as the door opens, but strangely, all the lights in the hallway and most room were off, it was really dark...guess this really affected the 7th floor.

Pandora pulled out a flashlight from her small bag and turns it on and pointed at the end of the hall, a shadow quickly moved from the light "you gotta be kidding me" I said, the room with the Red tape was also at the end of the hallway, right before it would turn into a split between right and left.

I prepared as my hands turn metal again and the metal gears appeared again, I would notice flowers growing under Lucy's shoes.

We go down the hallway, carefully, Pandora still pointing the flashlight at the end, I believe all of us can hear growling, getting louder and more aggressive until it suddenly goes silent...Pandora quickly pointed her flashlight around, but yet to find anything...so we continue, eventually reaching the Red Taped room, when we looked inside, our pins shine quickly as the tape disappears, we go inside rather quickly.

I would search for the light switch, eventually finding said switch, I flip it up as the lights go on, it was a nice looking apartment, though most things were knocked on the ground, seems like it was a struggle before being taken, the balcony door was wide open too, clear escape route.

We split to examine further, I make the gears disappear as I check the kitchen first, I can see burn marks here, this was either one of the locations of struggling or the first, and Ben had fire, unless it was the kidnapper in question, it is best to explore further...wait who is behind me...I look behind as someone swings a pan at me!