Chapter 2

It's been a month since I start working here. I'm slowly getting use to this shift. As I cleaning up the glass. A couple walk towards me. "Hey, can I get a long island iced tea and a gin and tonic." 

"of course." I said with a smile. When I started I didn't even know how to mix any drinks. Luckily there's YouTube. "here you go." 

Suddenly out of nowhere there's someone standing behind me. "Not bad, wanna make one for me?" Lou hovers over me. 

"Okay. But don't stand behind me like this again." I move away from her. "did I scary your little heart out?" I roll my eyes. 

I make her a gin and tonic. Lou took it and sit across from where I work. "wanna spend a night together?" out of nowhere she ask as she was sipping her drink. 

"No. Not really." I'm really not interested in one night stand. Well if that's what she is asking. "why me anyway? You got so many choices." I look around. 

"hmm, I slept with half of the girls here. Except you." I'm dumbfounded. "well then, sleep. With. The. Other. half." 

Lou puts down her drinks. "I'm not interested." 

"you're my boss I'm not going to sleep with you." 

"then I'll fire you."

"even if you fire me, I am still not going to sleep with you." 

"yet." Lou said with confidence. Somehow that pisses me off. I wanted to say something but then I just stare at her with an angry look. 

"you look like you wanna eat me." She looks straight into my eyes. 

"yeh well. Not in a good way. Now if you excuse me. I've got work to do." Lou just chuckle as I walk away. I don't know why I was angry. Maybe because she reminds me of my ex. Well let's not think of her right now.

Almost every night, Lou will spend sometimes disappearing and comes back out after the bar is close. I didn't know why before but now I do. "Hey. Get me something to clean up my throat." And there's always a girl or woman follows with that sentence. 

"you know, I'm moping over there. Why can't you get it yourself?" it was just a question. 

"because you work for me." She said with an authoritative tone. 

'Fine.' I thought to myself as I walk towards the counter. "here". I give her a water bottle. 

"What happens to pour it into a glass?" 

"I just cleaned all the glass for tomorrow. And you have lipstick on, so no." she looks flustered. "And besides you always tell me to hurry up so you can lock it up." 

"hmm." Lou opens the cap and starts drinking. 

I look at her and start to ask "why do you sleep with so many girls? I mean don't you wanna a relationship?" she pause. "I told you I don't do relationship." I go back to moping without looking at her. "yeh but, you seem lonely." 

There's the silence. I stop and look back. She looks at me and with a cynical smile. "you think you know me, huh?" 

"I'm sorry... I was just..." She immediately interrupts me "you know what. I do it for fun. Satisfy?" I look at her sheepishly. "sorry. I didn't mean to pry." The night goes on with only silence. I really shouldn't have asked. It's really none of my business. The next few days goes on quite empty. Lou is out of town for work. Or so I heard. I wonder when will she come back.