Chapter 6

Monday night at the club is relaxing. Not a lot of people. Most are just here to chill. The busiest night probably starting at Thursday, then Friday and weekends. Some times it's the worse. Even Lou has to come down and help. There's one night, we were packed. People are everywhere. Drinking, dancing, loud music and also sweating. Drink order keeps piling up and we just couldn't deliver quick enough. Lou came down stair and stand next to me. She start taking off her blazer and only has her vest on. "hey. Can we get a dry martini and an old fashion." A customer walks up and basically scream from his lung. "yeh." Lou yells back. I peep at her occasionally. She is very good. "you should stay here more often." I said. "then what's the point of having you?" she smirks with a wink. I chuckle. "save that for your girls." I tries to hide my blush.

"Hey." A voice brings me back from my thought. "hi. Lou." she smirks "good to hear my name from you." 

I look away as she sat down in front of me. I pour out some water for her. "here." It's basically our routine now. Whenever she comes down and say 'hey', I know she need something to clear her throat. 

"you know I can drink something other than water." I smile and look at her. "but you're not a customer. I save the best for customers only." 

"err... but I'm your boss." Did she just whine? "yeh but don't you want your customers feel special?" she wriggle her eyebrows. 

"sure. But you should be more special to me." I looked at her for a moment. 

"hey. Can I get a refill?" a brunette stands there next to Lou. 

"sure." I took her glass and start working on her drink. 

"hey." She step closer to Lou. "hi. Enjoy your night?" Lou asks. 

"Not really. Unless someone buys me a drink." Lou turns towards me. "you hear the lady." 

I look up into her eyes for a brief moment. Then, she turn towards the brunette. It kind of hurts me. But why. 

"here's your drink, miss." I hand over the drink and they both keeps talking to each other. Well. More like whisper into each others ear. 

"you wanna come up stair?" Lou asks. The brunette whisper something to her hear that make Lou smile. And I just stand there pretend to work, but all I feel is that there's an ache. It hurts somehow.

"I'm gonna head out now." Kevin says as he put on his backpack. "alright. I'll see you tomorrow." I give a wave as he walk towards the exit. I turn on Spotify and connect my phone to a Bluetooth speaker. I like to listen to something relaxing. Like 'I'll follow you' by Jon McLaughlin, 'always be my baby' from Tim Halperin. But recently I've been playing "heaven is a place on earth" by the Mayries, on loops. I hums along as I start cleaning.

When the night falls down
I wait for you
And you come around
And the world's alive...

I smile as the song plays. It reminds of Lou. Since I started this job. I've look forwards after 4 pm, when the club closes. At first, I was annoyed that Lou kept asking to make her drinks. 'I mean I'm doing double the work here. Moping the floor and serving you.' I chuckle. But then I guess some thing has change. Now, I look forward to the time we spend together. It just us talking, making joke, and having each other's company.

"That was nice, Lou." Now a stranger's voice brings me back to reality. I looked up. It was the brunette and Lou. She holds Lou's arm as they walk down stair. I turn around and pretend to ignore them. 

"we should spend another night like this, Lou." the brunette lean towards Lou. 

"maybe, we'll see." Lou walks towards the counter. 

"come on, I really like you." she basically wraps her hands around her neck and starts whining. Lou looks annoyed "I've got your number, I'll call." 

"fine. I see later then." she kisses Lou before she left. I tries to ignore everything I just saw and try not to dwell on it. But it just hurts. It hurts.

"nice song." Lou comments. 

"yeh." I whisper as I walk towards the counter. I get her some water as usual. 

"what's wrong?" she asks. 

"nothing." I cant look at her eyes. Not right now. 

"you seems a bit quiet today." 

"just tired, you know." I lied. 

"you know, I google you."  

I keep my head down and said "and what did you find?" 

"you're Lopez's ex." I take a deep breath as soon as those words came out. 

"why did you guys break up?" She ask.

I took the garbage toward the exit. "I'm sure google would tell you." Lou was left alone in the club. I was standing outside the door after I throw away the trash. This is the first time I don't want to talk to Lou. I don't want her to know anything of my past. 

"you not gonna come in?" I look up and she was there. 

"yeh, I'm going..." I walk pass her and go inside and grab my bag and ready to leave. 

"you know I told you a lot of things. Shouldn't you return a favor?" she walks towards me with her hands in her pockets. 

"no. I can't. Not right now." I turn around and try not to shed any tears. It was a painful relationship. 

She walks behind me and holds me close. "hey." Lou's voice is so soft. I turn and look at her. 'Her eyes, it's so blue.' I lean into her slowly, and the next thing I know we are kissing. I pull away quick as soon as I realize what I was doing. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to..." 

"it's nice." She looks at me with her arm around me. Looking at her eyes, I feel like I'm going to melt. I don't know what to say. Lou's right. It is nice. But I know that Lou just wants a one-night stand. That's why she is here, right? 

"you okay?" she chuckles, "I hope I didn't broke you." 

I pull away from her. "I'm fine. I should go now." I walk towards the exit without looking at her. Because if I do, she probably sees my tears. I once again left Lou alone in the club, and she probably wondering what just happens.