Chapter 14

Today, we stay at Lou's apartment. She has to move her bike indoor before the winter hits. "Pass me that wrench." Lou holds her hand out without looking at me. 

"here." I pass it to her and look back at my phone. "Pizza delivery takes forever." I whine. 

"I thought you just ordered it." She is crouching down and crack open something. Smells like gasoline. 

"Like 30 minutes ago, and It still said 'on its way'." I walk away from Lou and look for my wallet. 

"Then be patient, honey." she put down the wrench. "pass me a screwdriver. I think there's something struck inside." Lou holds her hand out for a moment, then turn toward where I was standing. "emm. Where you go?" 

"I'm looking for my wallet." 

"Just use mine." She stands up and look through her tools. 

"where it is?" I keep looking. 

"my pocket." she smirks. I go over to her as she holds her screwdriver. "Come on, touch me." Lou looks at me all smiling, and I basically give her pat down. 

"got it." I open her wallet and take the cash out. Then, I saw her ID. "It's that a real ID?" I ask when Lou couch back down to her bike. 

"yep." 

I laugh. "aw. You look so young, Louise." I tease, and I saw her birthday. It's next month. "How come you never told me your birthday?" I watch her as she pulls something disgusting out of her bike. 

"you never ask." I can see her covering her nose from the smell. 

"we should definitely celebrate." I tell her. 

"hmm. Not a big fan of birthdays." She stands up and throw away the gooey stuff. 

"you don't celebrate?" Lou comes back and do a final check of her bike. 

"not really. I mean I don't really care. It's just another day to remind myself how old I am." Lou starts putting away the tools in the toolbox. 

"what about when you're with Debbie?" She didn't look at me and continue her work. 

"we just went to some restaurants." 

"did she get you anything?" I look at her as she pauses. 

"... she got me a bracelet." 

"it's that silver one on your wrist?" 

"yep." She then look up at me. "But it's long time ago." I nod. "well. I'm still gonna get you something." Then there's a knock. "like what?" Lou asks. I walk toward the entrance and didn't answer her.

"Hi, Pizza delivery." a young guy stands in front of our door. "Thank you. Here." I pay him and take the pizza box. "It includes tips." I add before I close the door. "Thanks, miss." I can see his smile widen.

"Pizza's here!" I can hear my echoes. "I'll be right there." I put down the box and go over to Lou who is washing her hands. 

"so, what you gonna get for me?" I stare at her hands. "I don't know yet." 

She lifts up one arm and invite me in. I walk in front of her and starts wash my hands. Our hands intertwined. 

"I want to know." her voice is so deep. 

"I'll surprise you." she let go my hands and dry her owns. 

"I don't do surprises." she hands me the towel. 

"yeh sure. You don't do anything." I roll my eyes

"that's not true." she traps me between the sink and her body. "I do you."