Chapter 10

"Taste good." Lou sits across me in a restaurant. I take a sip of the coffee as I watch her munching her breakfast. "slow down." 

"I'm hungry. I didn't eat anything yesterday night." Another bite. 

"why not?" I'm curious. 

"... hmm. Stuff." I raise my eye brow. "okay, I thought you said you've got nothing to hide." 

"I don't." ... I didn't say anything and just look at her. "don't do that." She look away smiling. "fine. I'll tell you." 

"I'm waiting." I pout. 

"I was cleaning my apartment. Last time you were there, you saw the picture. So I thought... if I want to continue this... I should put her stuff away." She looks directly into my eyes. I can feel her sincerity, it's like a promise she tries to keep.

 "I thought you don't do relationship?" I act surprise. 

"ha. Yeh I thought so too." 

"what change?" Lou shrug. "you were playing hard to get, I guess that sparks my interest..." 

"indifference is an aphrodisiac." I take a bite of my breakfast.

She laughs. "is that your trick all along?" 

"heh. Maybe." I look at her jokingly. 

"well, I'm glad it works out". Lou admits. 

"yeh. Me too." I smile then add, "by the way, I am not hard to get." 

"you are." 

"no, I'm friendly." 

"well you weren't friendly enough to accept my invite" 

"what invite?" I take a sip 

"to sleep with me." she said casually. 

"err. That's cause I don't do one-night stand. Blondie." 

"you should've tried" I started to question her. "well, with me! Don't do it with the others." Lou immediately adds. 

"I was about to say, Lou." I tease her. 

"no. No. No. I was talking about before. Not now. Don't do that." 

"you just said like ten 'no's'." I laugh and see her staring her my breakfast. 

"you still hungry?" 

"a little." 

"here. Open." I hold my fork out with some eggs and bacon on it. 

"that's what I said the other night!" She jokes and takes a bite. I roll my eye and said. "you want more?" 

"yes." 

I laugh. "You sound like a little kid." 

"argh. Just feed me. Honey." She opens her mouth wide and I feed her the rest of my breakfast.

We sit there for a while before Lou starts asking about Santana. "so, what's up with you and her?" I put down my coffee. "... we started in high school. Nothing special" 

Lou looks at me "bullshit." and she continues. "the way she treats you..." she looks away and takes a breath before looking back at me. "It's awful."

"mhm." 

"you seriously not gonna tell me." Lou sits back with one hand on the table and the other hangs on the chair. 

"Not here, Lou." I gesturing around to emphasize that we're not alone. She sits there pause for a moment. "Let's go then. My place." she commands.

We left the restaurant and I start to fill my head with thoughts. 'what do I tell her.' ... 'I don't even want to re-live those memories.' 

"Hey." Lou grabs my hand. "This way." She lead me to a newspaper stands. Lou grab a New York Times and a pack of cigarettes. 

"you smoke?" I'm surprise. She doesn't smell like cigarettes. 

"Yeh, I usually smoke near the backdoor." She takes out a cheap lighter and lit her cigarette. "Let's go." Then she blows smoke to my face. 

"Lou!" I cough a bit and start waving it off. She chuckles. "I don't like it when people smoke." She grabs my hand and start walking back to her bike. 

"I know, you do look like that type." 

"what type?" 

"the 'good girl' type."

"so, you're like a big bad wolf?" 

"emm. No." Lou takes in the cigarettes. 

"so ... a soft puppy." I laugh as those words come out. I can see her cracks a smile. 

"Just stick with the big bad wolf. Honey." She scratches her nose with the hand she hold the cigarettes. "aww. Don't be shy, Lou." She is now trying to hide her smile. 'She is adorable.'

When we approach the bike, Lou throw away her cigarettes and stomp on it. I take out the helmet for her and grab what's mine. 

"did you buy a new one? The first time I saw it, it looks a bit older." I rotate it around and try to unlock the strap. 

"The old one was Debbie's." I nod. 

"Here." She takes my helmet and unstraps it for me. She leans on the bike while holding my helmet. 

"you know, if I don't throw away what's old, then what's 'new' would probably never come." she pulls me close when I try to grab my helmet. 

"you look like you want to kiss me." I put my hands on her shoulder. "yeh." she whispers. "I do." She leans in. I give her quick light kiss, then grabs the helmet and put it on. 

"err. That's too quick." She whines as she puts her helmet on. 

"well ... " I follow her and step on the bike. "I don't like it when people smoke." and I add. "Just pop a gum later. Maybe then I'll kiss you longer." I can feel her chuckles while putting my arms around her waist. "and you said, you're not hard to get." I just ignore her and signal her to drive. She drives off and we are heading to her apartment.