Chap. 12 Curious

Dad carries me out of my room, and into a large room where his semi truck is parked and places me inside. Mom climbs in as Dad disengages and reattaches his miniature version of himself and starts driving to the med-bay. Along the way i see multiple people walk by, a lot of them waving at my dad. Once we get to the med-bay, Dad stops, Mom and I get out of him and he transforms, picks us up, I squeak and close my eyes. 

My squeak causes everyone in the room to stop talking, there's some creaking and i assume they are all looking at me. So i say "hi" I hear stomps and Ratchet's voice getting closer as he says "why you little, do you know what you could have caused without my guidance to make sure your hands are healing properly?!" "um no?" i say but it comes out more of a question, then Mudflap or Skids, i'm not sure which one, asks "why are you eyes closed Austin?" i turn my head to the voice and say "i have an extreme fear of heights" i'm met with silence then Mom says "Optimus put Austin and I on the table so Ratchet can have a look at her hands again." i feel like we're moving, and i'm placed on a hard surface, i slowly open my eyes, I see i'm on the medic table so i relax and fully open my eyes. I look up to see everyone staring at me, i get a little nervous so i ask "what? is there something on my face?" Sam shakes his head and says "No, it's just i didn't even know you were afraid of heights." "Really?" i question him as he sits on Bumblebee's shoulder he nods. "Wow, i thought you knew, i mean when you asked me to help you fix something on your roof couple years ago, i told you i was afraid of heights but i would still help you." 

He looks thoughtful for a moment then says "Oh yeah! You did say that." he rubs the back of his head "guess i kinda' forgot" i smile and say "it's all right i wasn't really expecting you to remember it." that's when i realize that everyone else is, still, staring at me so, to ease the tension, i turn to Ratchet and ask "hey, Ratchet?" he blinks, shakes his head, and he says "yes?" i ask "What is energon? You were yelling about Jazz running on fumes of the stuff, so i want to know what it exactly is. If that's okay that is." he smiles and says "in humans terms it is a Cybertronian's blood, food, drink, medicine, and other necessities." i nod and say "good to know," then i realize i'm half Cybertronian so i ask "wait does that mean i need to be consuming this stuff because i'm half Cybertronian?" Ratchet places his right hand on his chin and his left hand on his right elbow elbow as he thinks for a moment. Then removing his hand from his chin and waving it around as he says "Well you have lived for 17 years without it, so you clearly don't need it to survive, but if you were to try it, i would assume it would probably be similar to a dessert for you." "Huh, good to know," i say thinking about it. Mom ruins the moment by saying "too bad you're not much of a dessert person." i turn to look at her and say "true, but i could still try it to see if i do like it."