Chapter 5: School Sucks

Your on camera...

>>>>>

(Y/N)'s POV

When I announced that I stay up at night- well, I wasn't lying. When I do, I tend to have nightmares. I can't control it nor explain why it happens, I can rarely rest anymore. When I got to my room, I just laid there on my bed staring at the ceiling thinking about tonight and how it went.

My body becoming hot under the covers, I yanked them off soon curling into a ball. My life was still a wreck, falling apart with no regard for my own feelings. I didn't die if that even counts, then why did I ask him to kill me? I'm so conflicted between wanting to die and fearing it.

I destroy myself when I ask about these problems, I couldn't make up my mind. Taking a shaky breath, I wipe off my face with my hands, leaning back to see salty water droplets on my palm.

"fuck, why is crying a thing." I shut my eyes tight, feeling my emotions rage to be unleashed. Nothing could prevent my mental breakdowns, it was something that I just blocked out. This side of me was something I never wanted anyone to see, it was the ugly part about me I hated the most.

Nevertheless of my wishes, the door to my room opened. Footsteps ringing in my ears, I commanded my eyes to stay shut for the sake of my embarrassment.

He can see it, You're weak to him and everyone else.

My mind raced, I shifted to try and get my face out of his view, only to end up bumping his side with my foot. The feeling of warm skin against mine made me shiver, in an odd way I calmed down a little. Though I did start panicking when my thoughts became overflowed with anxiety.

Hopefully, he'll ignore it, or maybe he might push me away. Either one was fine with me just as long as he didn't stare at my face. Jack swiftly stood up, his footsteps driving away as they echoed in my head.

I didn't want him to go... but, why? I just said I wanted him away from me, was I scared? No, I didn't feel fearful. My heart wanted him to say while my brain thanked the lord that he was leaving, listening to my heart, I called for him.

"Jack... ?" My voice echoed off the walls and in my head, Jack's shoulders tensed although he reluctantly shifted his head to face me. His breathing was shallow, Barely there. Going against my mind's better judgment, I stood up and wandered over to him. He still didn't move or say a thing so I kept going until we're a foot apart at least.

"What." His voice was deep and almost strained, I'd have to get used to it. I slowly raised my hand to his abdomen while slipping my arms around his body, gradually embracing him. His body tense at my sudden touch, I rested my head on his chest where I could hear his heartbeat.

Bump... B-Bump...

"I want to thank you for saving me and for giving me the gloves, even though you don't know me." I glanced up to meet his navy blue mask, I stared at the black holes in his mask, I swear I could see skin and eyes but I wasn't sure. The eyes appeared to be hollow like a black hole of an infinite abyss, very chill racking.

I casually elevated my hand to his mask, possessing it- then beginning to raise it out of boldness. His hands swiftly seized my wrists earning me a wince, he held down my hands so his mask didn't go any farther up, I was astonished at his immediate advance but ignored it and let go of the mask. Stepping back and leasing his aggressive hold.

"Eyeless..." He spoke in a low murmur, almost so much I couldn't hear it.

"What?" I pried, making sure I didn't hear him wrongly.