Chapter 21: Jack....?

Hello~

<【✸】>

No One's POV:

1AM in the morning...

The dark room was completely silent except for the breathes of the two figures in the bed together, one who's in a deep sleep while the other seemed to be waking up slightly. This didn't faze the other as they kept sleeping away with the bags under their eyes, the stirring figure blinked a couple times before opening their eyes completely. Not saying a single word, the figure sat up from the bed. They looked around before catching sight of the other figure beside them, their eyes seemed to soften when seeing that person laying right beside them. Looking away from the sleeping figure, the awake figure seemed to stare off into the dark void of the room. A wide smile spread across their face as they began to sing a lullaby. (Song above, play now)

"Wolves asleep amidst the trees,

Bats all a swaying in the breeze, 

But one soul lies anxious wide awake,

 Fearing all manner of ghouls, hags and wraiths,

For your dolly Polly sleep has flown, 

Don't dare let her tremble alone, 

For the witcher, heartless, cold, 

Paid in coin of gold, 

He comes he'll go leave naught behind, 

But heartache and woe, 

Deep, deep woe.

Birds are silent for the night, 

Cows turned in as daylight dies,

But one soul lies anxious wide awake, 

Fearing all manner of ghouls, hags and wraiths, 

My dear dolly,

Polly shut your eyes,

Lie still, lie silent, utter no cries,

 As the witcher, brave and bold,

Paid in coin of gold,

He'll chop and slice you,

Cut and dice you, 

Eat you up whole,

 Eat you whole.."

During the lullaby, the figure swung forward and back as if in a rocking chair. The smile on their face never seemed to leave as they sang the song over and over again, deep gasps were in between the lyrics. The longer they sang, the louder the lullaby was sang. This caused the figure beside them to start to stir from their slumber, once fully awake, they were startled to find their loved one acting like this. This was out of the norm for them to be acting this way, lightly placing their hand on the other's shoulder, they tried to get the other to stop. This worked as the singing stopped before it could get any louder and wake the whole mansion, the figure turned their head to face the other who touched their shoulder. 

"(Y/N)...?!"

Jack's emotions were everywhere at this moment, seeing her awake was a miracle. He just wanted to hug, kiss, and do anything with her at that moment. The problem was is that she seemed to be acting strange and he means really strange, the singing was new to him. To him, she didn't seem to be all there right at that moment. Her eyes were dull with her skin being paler then before but that just might be do to no sunlight, she was also smiling wider then humanly possible. 

"(Y/-" 

He didn't get a chance to finish before she had her hands around his neck, this caught him off guard as he grabbed her hands that lay on his neck. He could easily take her hands off his neck but that would mean hurting (Y/N) and he didn't want to do it, he couldn't do it. Her grip on his neck got tighter and tighter, he had to do something to get her to stop. He looked deep into her eyes to try and find her, her eyes were so dull that he couldn't find any trace her there. 

'She must be trapped in her own mind, I have to find her.'

"(Y/N)! LISTEN, you don't want this!"

Her grip only tightened, making Jack gasp out for air. 

"Fight it! I know your still in there, just fight it!" 

The girls eyes stayed that dull (E/C) color as did the tightness of her hands on his neck, he couldn't take it and had no other choice then to rip her hands off his neck before he suffocated. As mentioned before, he wouldn't die but fall into a deep sleep of recovery that who knows how long it would take before he woke up, quickly getting up from the bed, he ran to the other side of the room. (Y/N) stood up as well with her smile still plastered on her face, this was heartbreaking for Jack. After everything they've been through, she was willingly going to try to kill him.... No, Jack knew that she couldn't control herself and that she was still in there somewhere, he just had to find her. 

"(Y/N), remember me? Jack...The guy you spent the past month with, we had so much fun. We had some downfalls but we survived it-" She took a lung at him, he swiftly moved out of the way and continued speaking to her as if she was still in there. 

"I didn't understand why you cared for my well being at the beginning, it was the first time someone had actually stood up for me even though I was a cold hearted killer. Nothing seemed right until you came along-" She screamed out to him as he spoke to her, she quickly grabbed a knife that was sitting on the ground. Jack took a mental note not to leave weapons anywhere in his room again, she ran at him with it swinging but missing by a hair.

"I know your still in there, the woman I used to know is in there, somewhere. You just have to come out, fight the darkness that I fell into when I first became this. Don't follow my path-" He stopped as the blade sliced his side, he gasped out but held his ground. Dark crimson blood seeped out of the wound as he stood there, bleeding out slowly. His eyes did not loose that glow though, despite being stabbed by his love. 

"I just want you to know that no matter what you do to me.." He walked up to her as she did him, she yelled out again before slashing the blade across his face twice while getting his just under his eye socket and across his cheek. He flinched but didn't back down, now he could see the tears leaking from her now glossy eyes. He opened his arms out and around the insane woman, she struggled within the hug. Only the next words he said seemed to hit his mark on her,

"I Love you, (Y/N)."

Her struggling stopped all of a sudden, her mind was racing as Jack held onto her as if afraid to let go. The sound of the metal knife hitting the ground filled the empty room, she gasped out as flashes seemed to come across the teen's face. Flashes of memories she had shared with the boy over the month, they showed their first meeting, the snow day, the kiss, and back at Zalgo's mansion. Your tears flooded from your face as the memories came back, now back to your regular self. A smile came across the boys face as you hugged back and sobbed into Jack's shoulder, your sobs were loud and full of snot and tears but you guys didn't care. 

"I'M SORRY, I'M SORRY, I'M SORRY!"

You repeated these words for a long time, Jack just shushed you while patting your head lightly. Suddenly, a pain of shock surged from Jack's body. He gasped out in pain before his grip on her loosened, Jack fell backwards to the ground. You called out his name as you went after his falling body, trying to catch him yourself but only brushed hands before he hit the ground with a thud.

"JACK!"

____

How was it? liked it? 

I loved writing it, kinda left you on a cliff. 

Sorry not sorry :3