Chapter 26: Time to Hunt..

Welcome to the 2nd day of "Chap. Week!"

«¤»

(Y/n)'s POV

I've been searching for hours, mostly in the southern areas of the forest and so far, nothing. My feet were aching something awful, muscles were ripping in half. Even though everything hurt, I didn't stop walking or calling out Jack's name. It's only been a couple hours but it feels like it's been days. I felt as if I was going around in circles, becoming more insane than I already was. I knew Slender wanted me to lose it, give up the hunt. I needed to stay focused and calm.

"Ok, so if I have been going North for the past hour and I've definitely been going around in a circle. South and North aren't right then, maybe I can try West and if I go in a circle again, I can cross out West and East." My plan was a little confusing but it was worth a shot, once getting things settled, I started off Westward.

___

After a couple more hours of walking, I could finally get some clues. A partially ripped paper was hanging on one of the trees, writing all over the front. I read it out loud, "Close but not enough.." then there was a circle with an X through it. I read it over again and looked at the picture, what did it mean? I kept walking in the same direction for 2 more hours before finally seeing yellow in the distance. Running towards it, I could see that it was a sunflower field. What I didn't know was that the closer I got to them, the bigger they got until they were at least 5 feet tall. These were not in a normal place, I've never seen this many sunflowers in one place.

"Jack?" I yelled out into the field, he must be here, this is the only flower area that has no trees in it. Nothing responded, I sighed before walking into the field. Once I stepped into it, a very loud ping sound blasted throughout the field, I crouched down and covered my ears. My head was filled with the sound, it took a while before it subsided and I could finally uncover my ears. Once I looked up, three figures stood in front of me. They were all wearing some sort of masks on. One wore a white feminine mask, another was a black ski mask with red eyes and a stitched frown, the last one had orange-stained glass goggles and a mouth guard.

"You have 10 seconds to run." One of them spoke out, it was deep and scratchy. I didn't waste time in getting up and running another direction, I was frightened. Who were those people? Were they creepypastas or from somewhere else? I didn't stay on that thought for long, footsteps were fast approaching and I needed a plan. I didn't want to give my position away but I also wanted to call out to Jack, there was a possibility that he wasn't even here though. Suddenly, I hit the dirt, laying as flat as I could and didn't move a muscle. The footsteps stopped, it was quiet now. I held my breath and tried to calm my breathing, I knew they could hear my breathing so I had to calm myself down. After a couple seconds, the footsteps picked up again, fading off into a different direction. I let my breath go, laying down for a while before getting up again but this time I took it slow and crouched walked.

I came into a clearing, an old tree stood in the middle of it. It was barren and old, there were no leaves covering it's weak looking branches. A smile spread across my face but soon disappeared once I didn't see anyone near it, this is where I was supposed to go, right? I whispered Jack's name, hoping he would answer. Nothing. I walked a couple more steps before pumping my head into something, I grabbed my nose, trying to subside the pain. The seeming invisible wall sent ripples across it before settling, in those few seconds, I saw a dark figure on the other side of the wall. It stood right in front of me, it felt as if it could see me as well. Then I saw it, that beautiful blue mask. I smiled momentarily before he disappeared as the wall settled, I stood up fast and banged my hands against the wall. "Jack!" I whisper-yelled to him, I saw him again within the wall.

"(Y/n)!" He disappeared again, I kept banging against the wall just to see him. He put his hand on the wall, I put my hand on his, I could feel his aura from the other side. "I'm going to get you out," I whispered to him again. He gave a confused look before disappearing again, I took a couple steps away before running towards the wall, banging against it was my shoulder.

Jack's POV

'What is she doing?!'

I thought to myself, she kept ramming her body against it, trying to get to me. I tried telling her to stop but she didn't listen, I had to help her so she wouldn't hurt herself anymore. I stepped back as well before running and ramming my body into the wall, I kept doing this until a crack formed on the wall. My hopes were lifting higher, we could finally see each other again... I frowned, my stomach growled. I stopped moving, starring at (Y/n), my mouth started to water. Her skin looked so soft, blood started to seep out of her shoulder from a scratch she must have gotten. The blood slid down her arm to her elbow, dripping, I swear I could hear it hit the ground. I forced myself to look away, the hunger inside of me wouldn't go away. I could- No, I would eat her if she broke down the wall. With all my sanity left, I looked at her through the wall, she stopped to take a breather. I knocked on the wall lightly as to not crack it anymore, getting her attention to me. We locked eyes, I took off my mask slowly to reveal my hungered state. She stood there looking at me with the same look as before, couldn't she see that I was starving or was she ignoring it? I didn't like either of my solutions.

"Stay away from me." I whispered, the hunger within started to get out of control, uncontrollably licking my chapped lips. My head drooped down to gaze at the ground, I balled my fists to try and obtain myself. Loud bangs on the wall brought me out of my trance, she wasn't stopping. "STOP! NOW! I'LL KILL YOU!" I yelled to her, she didn't listen to me. Sweat drizzled down my forehead, dropping down to the ground, I yelled so many times. She was so stupid, so stubborn... I want it to stop, the wall was cracking and I couldn't stop it. I yelled again, sinking down to the ground as to cover my head with my hands. The bangs stopped, I quickly looked up to see if she gave up but what I saw was scarier then the thought of the wall breaking. In the last few seconds I had before the wall covered my view was (Y/n) being dragged away by Masky, the other two surrounded her, holding their weapons.

The last thing I remember is my eyes flooding black tar and my legs begin to break down.

Time to hunt...

___

Back from school, I had a breakdown but I'm good, how are you Guys? Did you like the chapter? <3