Chapter 2

Panda had completed his dating profile, caving in and clicking "BOTH" as his gender preference. He was walking down the city streets to relax and clear his mind. Walking down the sidewalk he encountered a cafe he was actually pretty fond of. Stepping inside, Panda took a deep breath as the smell of java hit his nose. He stepped right up to the counter.

"Hello, sir. How may I assist you?", the employee at the counter said.

"Can I just get an iced tea?", Panda responded. He noticed that this employee was different from the usual. Though, this was a lot earlier than he usual came in. This employee was pretty tall, thin frame, peach complexion. The thing that stood out most to Panda was his dark brown hair and the slight stubble of his chin.

"Sure thing", the employee smiled warmly at him. Panda couldn't help but blush. As he pulled out his wallet and paid for the drink his paw ended up making contact with the employees hand.

"Uh, thank you for your patronage", the employee was now blushing too. "I'll let you know when your drink is ready"

"Oh, okay. Heh. Thanks", Panda thanked awkwardly as he found a nearby seat.

As Panda was looking around the shop he saw Ice Bear walking outside with a bag.

Hmmm, he must be going to the market. I hope he picks up more strawberry-chunk yogurt, Panda thought to himself.

"Sir, you're drink is ready", the employee was now standing in front of him with his ice tea in hand. Panda's eyes went wide. This was something the other employee never did.

"T-Thanks..", Panda shakily said.

"Oh, I know this is a bit unprofessional....But are you Panda-Chan on LockedHearts.com?", the employee said a bit quieter. Panda was shocked to see him taking a seat next to him.

"Uh, yeah. I just made that profile today", Panda eased his way into a more stable voice. It was so embarrassing to be talking about something like this, especially to a guy. This is so crazy, Panda freaked out inwardly. But he is cute....Wait, what am I saying?!

"It's really great to talk to you. Uh, are you new here?", Panda asked, trying to change the subject.

"Um, yeah. I work the afternoon shift. It's pretty cool, I guess", the employee shrugs casually.

"That's pretty cool. Can you message me on Locked Hearts? I think you're kinda cool", Panda said without thinking. Oh shit! Oh shit!

"Hmmm, okay. But don't leave me on read", the employee teased. "The names Jeremy by the way"

"My....My name's Panda". Wow, that's sure to real him in.

"Well, I guess I'll text ya later. Gotta get back to the counter before the manager sees", Jeremy smiled as he stood up and walked over to the counter.

"Well, see you, Jeremy", Panda smiled back as he took his iced tea and left the cafe. As Panda made his way back home his mind was screaming at him. What was that?! What the hell was that?! What the SHIT was that?!

Panda rushed his way back home to tell the others.

"Hey, guys", Panda burst through the door. Ice Bear was already back with groceries. He must have been longer than he thought.

"Hey,bro. What happened?", Grizz asked.

"Well, I went to the cafe....There's this employee I had no idea worked on afternoons. But anyway I talked to him and my paw touched his hand....He said he would message me later!", Panda tried to tell it all but ended up tripping on his words and missing some details. But the other bears got the jist of what he was trying to say: He had a rather interesting moment with a guy. Something that when they heard made them smile. Now something they had wondered about Panda was no confirmed.

"Ice Bear's glad to hear about it. Bought strawberry yogurt for Panda", Ice Bear said. Holding the six-pack of Panda's favorite cold treat.

"Aw, thanks, Ice. You're the best", Panda grinned. With his back turned away, Panda was unable to see Grizz frown at the lack of attention from his favorite little panda.