Chapter 8

After about an hour of pushing, installing and cooling Ice Bear's new fridge had finally been set up. On the inside, really deep down he was excited.

"All set bro?", Grizz asked, patting Ice Bear on the back. Ice Bear just simply nodded back. "Ice Bear has to move stuff", he responded. He opened the old fridge, grabbed his pillow and tossed it into the new one.

"Alright we just get rid of this old fridge, no real use in keeping it around now", Grizz decided. Ice Bear was about to agree, but something didn't sit right with him. Why does Ice Bear feel like this?, he thought.

Ice Bear likes this new fridge. Ice Bear also loves the old one, too. Ice Bear doesn't want to choose anymore.

What Ice Bear was not aware of, Panda was watching him. Even though it was the same expression it always was. Ice Bear's. Blank and stoic. It was if he could feel what Ice Bear's true thoughts were. He could tell that Ice Bear was not happy.

Grizz began to walk towards the old fridge, everything felt like slow motion to Ice Bear. The unplugging of the cord, the sound of it lifting off the ground.

Ice Bear isn't ready!!, he shouted inwardly.

"Wait!", Panda shouted, startling both bears. "We can't get rid of it"

"Why not?"

"Because...", Panda answered. "Well, because this fridge has a lot of memories in it. We can't just throw it out. We could....Oh! We could put food in this fridge. Yeah, like Ice could have his fridge all to himself, and we could keep food in the other. It would be unfair to make Ice Bear stay in his new fridge with our food", he explained.

"Hmmm, alright. Panda, I guess you're right. This fridge is still useful. And plus it does hold precious memories", Grizz sighed, hugging the fridge. After awhile Grizz went to watch TV.

"Why did you save the old one?", Ice Bear whispered to Panda when Grizz was out of earshot.

"I couldn't just let it happen. I know that fridge means a lot to you. It does to me, too", Panda admitted.

"Ice Bear thanks Panda", Ice Bear said.

Panda went back to his room. He felt happy but also a bit funny. He always felt good when he helped his bros, but this one in particular made him feel light on his feet. He fought the urge to jump up and down, inwardly screaming.

Why do I feel like this? I just felt like I want to support Ice Bear again and again, he thought to himself.

He jumped down on his bed prepared to tell Jeremy about his day when he saw a message with the dreaded words: We need to talk!

Taking a deep breath, Panda clicked on the message bubble, exposing a hidden paragraph he wrote while Panda was away.

Reading it up and down a few key things stood out to Panda. Apparently Jeremy found a new boyfriend at the cafe. He talked about how he felt his thing with Panda was not going anywhere. He actually thanked Panda for talking with him and offered for Panda to meet his new boyfriend.

Panda, a bit numb from what he read agreed to the meeting without properly thinking about it and closed the chat as soon as he did.

Staring at his screen he noticed that the user he was chatting with before, WhiteFrost, was online.

Panda started a new conversation with "Can we talk?"

Grizz felt extremely good about what he did. Both of his brothers were happy, which made him feel even happier.

Ice Bear loves his new fridge and Panda loved his anime stuff. But one thing stuck in Grizz's mind as he sat on the living room couch.

The way Panda insisted that they keep the old fridge.

Ice Bear wanted to keep old fridge, Grizz thought. And Panda stuck up for him. Panda just could of sat on the wayside. Instead he actually spoke up for his brother. Grizz felt so good that he got up and made his way for Panda's room. He knocked on the door, and waited for Panda to answer. Eventually, Panda answered the door.

"I'm so proud of you, Pan-Pan", Grizz encouraged.

"Uh, okay", Panda said, not fully understanding.

Grizz crept into the kitchen, he slowly opened the fridge door to reveal Ice Bear asleep in a curled ball.

"Aww", Grizz said. "I have the best brothers anyone could ask for", Grizz yawned as he went to the couch for a nap.

Ice Bear opened one eye. Once he was sure Grizz was gone he pulled his phone from underneath him and continued his conversation with Panda. He was trying to console his older brother about the situation. He told Panda that it was better than Jeremy was honest about it right then and there. Panda seemed to agree. Soon the conversation shifted to their interests. Ice bear thought about what he should say to not give himself away.