Chapter 30

The wedding was due in two weeks. It certainly seemed a bit rushed but both Ice Bear and Panda were both too excited to wait for too long. While Ice Bear and Panda were off making plans for the wedding, Grizz sat in the kitchen making a list of supplies for the wedding party. A knock sounded at the door and it was Sunny tapping his foot, waiting for Grizz to show up.

"Hey, Sunny!", Grizz greeted warmly, opening the door for him. "Are you here to help me plan for the party?"

"No, there's actually something that I have to tell you", Sunny sighed. "Grizz. I'm...I'm leaving after the wedding."

"You're what?!", Grizz asked. "You can't leave! What about us? I thought you said--", Grizz trailed off.

"I know, I know! But it's time I follow Sol's words. I need to find my place, where I feel I belong", Sunny admitted.

"So you're going to leave me?", Grizz asked desperately, not believing what he was hearing.

"No, that's why I came here. There's something I need to ask you... Grizz will you come with me?", Sunny asked.

"Just to leave my bros and go traveling to who-knows-where?", Grizz exclaimed.

"Grizz, I know it sounds crazy, but you're the only one that seems to understand and actually listens to what I have to say. In no time Panda and Ice Bear are going to get married. They're going to start a new life together. I was hoping that you and I can do the same", Sunny explained sadly.

"We think that you should go, Grizz", the grizzly bear spun around in surprise seeing both Panda and Ice Bear standing in view.

"What? Are you guys sure?", Grizz asked.

"Sure, we're not gonna go anywhere", Panda said, smiling for Grizz's sake.

"Ice Bear will be right here waiting for you", the polar bear sniffled a bit.

"Guys, are you sure you want this?", Grizz asked again.

"It's not about what we want. And we're not gonna let you just miss out on a love like this", Panda assured his brother. "I...I would follow Ice Bear to Alaska and back; so you and Sunny should, uh, find a place and start a life together, too."

Grizz started to tear up and turned to Sunny.

"Sunny, I love you so much. And that's why....I'll....I'll go with you", Grizz smiled. "You may be right. Maybe we can find our place. Together", the grizzly said, extending his paw to Sunny.

"Grizz, I don't know what to say...thank you." He took Grizz's paw and held it. "You and I are gonna travel the whole world until we find a place all our own."

"And what about me?!", a new voice rung out that startled everyone

"You really think I'm gonna let you get away with this?", Asia yelled.

"Come on, Asia. We talked about this. I thought you understood", Sunny tried to calm her down.

"No! I'm not letting you leave me, too! First Sol left and now you're going to leave me, too. Where does that leave me? All alone!", Asia growled.

"Asia....Sol left so he can be happy. You know he was never happy here", Sunny sadly explained. "BUt I know he's happy, wherever he is..."

"You're really just gonna leave? I thought you cared! You're just like him...", tears began to run down Asia's face as she turned to run out of the cave.

"Asia!", Sunny called after her. "I'm sorry guys. I gotta find her! Asia!"