Chapter 22

After a couple of days recovering, Grizz was sent to the recovery center. ON the first day of therepy he found Dr. Mendel waiting for him. At first Grizz was not eager to open up at all. He felt very weird about just spilling his guts to some random stranger. But as time when on he opened up more and more.

"They never ask me how I feel about feel about it. It's always up to me to instantly drop everything to solve their problems. It's things like 'Grizz my laptops not working', or 'Ice Bear needs new dance shoes'. I mean I love my bros and I like helping them out; but I just wish that they could solve their problems themselves", Grizz said, laying back on a couch.

"I guess I get overwhelmed sometimes. Since I'm the oldest when something goes wrong I'm the one who's supposed to know what to do. But other times I also feel...less than them. I mean Panda has a bunch of followers on the internet and Ice Bear just may be the most talented bear on the planet", Grizz admitted during another session.

"Even now Panda still always needs my help all the time. He means well but I always worry that he can't take care of himself. But Ice never needs my help. He gets it right every time and everything he does is perfect", he said with some contempt he didn't notice.

Dr. Mendel chalked Grizz up to developing some kind of attachment to Panda as someone he can care for. But now that Panda is with Ice Bear he feels like he is being threatened. Grizz knew that the truth in that was more than he would like to admit.

In another session he got even more open, telling stories of his childhood and the fun times with his bros. Eventually Grizz came to look forward to these sessions as he could get out feelings he felt he never could before. After about a week and a half, he was finally able to see his brothers again.

Dr. Mendel got to meet Panda and Ice Bear and the three of them told stories of their misadventures and how they all met as cubs and established a brotherhood between the three of them. Before Ice Bear and Panda left, unbeknownst to Grizz, Dr. Mendel let them know just how Grizz felt.

Both bears took his words into consideration. Panda decided he would become more responsible for Grizz's and his own sake. And Ice Bear made the decision to be less of a show off. And both bears promised between the two of them to take Grizz's feelings into consideration more often.

After a three month period of therapy, support and his brothers dedicating themselves to becoming better bears, Grizz was finally deemed rehabilitated, successfully kicking his addiction and facing his shortcomings head on. Though the pain in his heart still remained, he no longer had a desire to just numb in with pills. Instead he wanted to find a solution. At the end of the week Grizz was finally back home.

"It feels so great to be back home", Grizz sighed, inhaling the familiar scent of the cave's air. He turned to his two brothers who stood in the living room. "Guys, I know I already said this, but: I'm sorry for scaring you guys back there. I really am happy for the two of you and I don't know what I'd do without you guys."

Ice Bear ran up to Grizz and hugged him tight. "Ice Bear promises to help you find someone special", he whispered in Grizz's ear. From what Dr. Mendel told him, Grizz wanted something to look after, something to love. And if it would make his brother happy, Ice Bear was willing to take on the task.

The next few days were very tranquil and serene. Grizz got to be with his brothers again, but there was some things he noticed. Ice Bear and Panda were much more close than they were when he left. He realized that the relationship between the two of them grew stronger in the months he was gone. They were even going to romantic dates at local restaurants.

Panda showed Grizz how to set up and online dating account, and on some days Grizz and Ice Bear would go out and see if the grizzly could find anyone of interest. But each time he was never looking for love, he was simply enjoying the presence of the brothers he missed so much.