Chapter 14

Grizz sat on the couch as both of his brothers were getting on with their morning routines.

His mind was still dwelling what he stumbled on earlier. Both his brothers in the same bed. That was different. There wasn't anything wrong about it to Grizz, but it was something he hadn't really expected to see. They all had their own spaces to go to bed.

I guess that sometimes being in the same bed is fine. And he was feeling bad about all that happened last night. 

"Breakfast is ready". Ice Bear called. Naturally for Grizz any thoughts he was having were immediately cast out in favor of food.

"Oh, man! I'm starving! You coming, Panda?", Grizz called as he made his way into the kitchen.

"Yeah, just give me a second", Panda called from the bathroom.

Grizz sat down at the table and eyed the plate of freshly stacked pancakes.

Once Panda made his way into the kitchen the first thing he saw was Grizz scarfing down his pancakes like some kind of-- well they are bears so he supposed it wasn't that out of the ordinary. He sat down and began to eat slowly. He found himself eyeing Ice Bear. The polar bear was washing the pan he used in the sink. Even though it was honestly weird he could still feel the sensation of Ice Bear's fur. It made him feel warm even in the wooden chair. He realized that he was just staring at his brother's back and continued to eat.

Later on when the three bears were just about finished with breakfast Grizz got up and went to the fridge. He was looking for something to drink. Upon swinging the door open he already noticed that it was starting to look rather barren. The orange juice bottle was completely empty save for what had to be just tiny sip and there was no more milk.

Grizz closed the fridge and thought to himself that it was about time to restock the kitchen.

"Hey, uh, Pan-Pan?", Grizz asked.

"Hmm?", Panda asked, looking up from his phone.

"We're running low on...Everything. You wanna go grocery shopping with me?", the grizzly asked in a cheerful tone. It had been a while since he and Panda had just hung out or did anything together.

"Yeah, that sounds nice", Panda agreed.

Grizz fist-pumped in excitement for their outing which caused Panda to shake his head and chuckle to himself.

In the later afternoon both bears were at the grocery store picking out items to restock the fridge with.

"Do you think we need any cheese?", Panda asked.

"I...Don't think so", Grizz responded not exactly remembering.

Panda's phone notification sound went off causing the bear to whip out his phone and check what it was. As Grizz continued to walk down the aisles Panda followed behind texting and giggling to himself.

"Who you talking to Pan-man?", Grizz asked as they turned into the cereal aisle.

"Oh, Grizz it's this guy online I've been talking to. He goes by White Frost and he's so cool. Plus we like a bunch of the same things", Panda explained. Grizz tensed as he heard that name.

Ice Bear? He's still talking to Panda? How long is this gonna go on?, Grizz thought to himself as he picked up a chocolate covered cereal brand.

"Yeah, he sounds real cool. But you know Panda sometimes online dating can be a bit....dodgy. People aren't always as they seem when you actually meet them", Grizz tried to explain.

"Like in what way?", Panda asked.

"Well, like you for instance. You're way more confident online than you are in real life. You have a bunch of online followers and you always know what to text back. But if someone met you real life they'll find out your just a ball of cute", Grizz booped Panda's nose in a teasing manner.

"Aw come on, Grizz", Panda scoffed at the silly gesture. "Well, I think he mind be a good one. I don't know for sure but I feel like we have an actual connection", Panda sighed to himself.

"Oh, I'm sure you do", Grizz responded more to himself than Panda.

Later on when the two bears returned and successfully restocked the fridge, much to Grizz's satisfaction. Panda had retreated back to his room in order to watch some marathon. Grizz stood in the kitchen when Ice Bear came in.

"Fridge looks good", Ice Bear said.

"Uh, yeah. It does. Can I talk to you for a second?", Grizz asked. Was he really about to do this?

"You're still talking to Panda?", Grizz asked.

Ice Bear didn't respond he simply looked at the floor.

"How long do you think you can keep this up?", Grizz continued.

"Ice Bear doesn't know...", the polar bear said, not wanting to answer any of the questions.

"And what about last night? Sleeping Panda's bed? What was that?", Grizz asked.

"It was nothing", Ice Bear responded, raising his voice. Grizz backed up a bit in surprise. 

Grizz sighed as he looked at his brother, though his face carried the same expression as always. But he could tell his younger brother was looking to him for what to do. "Look, bro. I'm just trying to look out for you. You gotta tell Panda before he finds out and it all gets messed up", Grizz tried to explain.

"Ice Bear...Will think about it", the polar bear huffed, walking past Grizz into his freezer.

Grizz groaned and decided it was best to go take a nap on this.  He was certain that Ice Bear was just digging a deeper and deeper hole for himself. What would happen if I just told him the truth myself? What would Panda say? What could Panda say?

He opened  the door to his bedroom, kicked some empty juice bottles out of his pathway and flopped down on his bed with a deep sigh. 

Should I just tell Panda myself? Would he even believe me? Ugh. I just...Need to get out of the cave for a little while. Something just for myself, Grizz decided. He grabbed his pillow and curled against it, drifting slowly to sleep.