Chapter 32

It was the day of the wedding and everyone was busy to make sure everything went perfectly. It was all set to begin soon, Grizz rushed in place as Beat Bear. It felt surreal to him that the day was actually here. Once the wedding actually started, everyone watched as Chloe was the flower girl.

Panda stood on the steps of the church outside. Today is the day, the panda thought nervously. 

It was a bittersweet moment for him. He was marrying the bear of his dreams, but soon Grizz was going to leave. 

"We're on in a few", Panda jumped as Charlie informed him that that it was almost his time to get out there. Panda took a deep breath and looked himself over. He rushed into the church and took another deep breath, standing tall as he walked through the doors and walked slowly down the aisle and quickly got into position. He thought about Grizz once again as he saw him standing near Ice Bear, encouraging him. 

No matter where he goes. Even if we don't see him again, he'll always be our brother, Panda thought. Huh. 'Brother.' It was a bit weird to think that...Using that word considering that Panda was marrying his 'brother'. 

But those thoughts were pushed aside as the Wedding March began to play on the organ. Chloe threw the petals gracefully then quickly took her seat. She never told anyone, not even the bears, but she always hoped that a day like this would come. 

Panda took a deep breath as he walked down the aisle towards the alter. He glanced around to see many others here on their Special Day. Charlie hung in the back row, in disguise. Nom Nom reluctantly came, but of course had his own private section of the chapel. Even Ranger Tabes managed to put aside some time to see them.

Panda was so nervous he thought that he would just faint right there. But he used the thought of Ice Bear to keep him on his feet. 

"Dear friends and family, we are gathered here today to witness and celebrate the union of these two bears in marriage. In the years they have been together, their love and understanding of each other has grown and matured. Through their time together they have come to realize that their personal dreams, hopes, and goals and more attainable and more meaningful through the combined effort and mutual support provided in love, commitment and family; and now they have decided to live their lives together as husband and husband."

"To all present I say: We are gathered here, not to witness beginning of not what will be, but rather what already is! We do not create this marriage, because we cannot. We can and do, however, celebrate with these two; the wondrous and joyful occurrence that had already taken place in their lives, and the commitment they make today."

 "The two may now speak their vows", the reverend said. 

"Ice Bear, I love you as much as I need to breathe. I love you as much as life itself. You gave me the confidence to stand right here, right now. We're complete opposites, but that's why you're my perfect mate. I...uh...Ice Bear. I do vow to never leave your side and to always love you", Panda said, more sure if himself than ever. 

Ice Bear smiled slightly and took a deep breath. "Ice Bear vows to love and protect you, Panda. Ice Bear may not always show it, but Panda means everything. Ice Bear loves Panda and is more sure if it than anything else. Panda has given Ice Bear the greatest thing in the world: True, everlasting love. Thank you...", Ice Bear concluded. 

"Do you have the rings?", the reverend asked.

Sunny, being the ring-bearer, strolled in proudly, presenting the rings to the grooms. 

"Ice Bear. With this ring, do you promise to love Panda? In sickness and in health? Till death do you part?"

"Ice Bear does", the polar bear said simply, taking the ting meant for Panda ring. 

"Panda do you promise to give Ice Bear the love he has been waiting for. Do you promise yourself to Ice Bear. To have and to hold? Forever and after?"

"I do", Panda answered with a smile on his face, taking the ring meant for Ice Bear. 

Panda and Ice Bear exchanged the large bear-sized rings that were specifically made for the two of them. As they did the two bear gazed into each others eyes and smiled. Both rings fit perfectly and were made to represent one another. Panda wore a white banded ring while Ice Bear wore a black banded ring. 

"I now pronounce you husband and husband. You may kiss the groom", the reverend concluded. 

Panda and Ice Bear kissed passionately and purely, enraptured in the moment of bliss between the two of them. 

The people in the pews stood up and clapped and raised their voices as Ice Bear carried Panda down the aisle. Panda has so happy that he forgot to be embarrassed with everyone looking at him. 

Later than night there was a huge party. Just as before everyone attended. The night was filled with music, dancing, great food, joy and laughter. 

Panda and Ice Bear danced all night. They never stopped looking into each other's eyes. 

"Ice Bear has never been so happy", Ice Bear smiled. 

"Well, I'm gonna make sure that you feel this happy for the rest of your life", Panda whispered as the song ended......