Chapter 24

Grizz was still thinking of that bear he met earlier. The way he was so nervous, but so friendly at the same time.

Sunny, Grizz thought, what kind of person is he?

He figured that the time he spent walking around and talking with Sunny should have been enough for Panda and Ice Bear to be finished with their "quality time." He really hoped they were as he was already returning to the cave. The more he thought about the bear the more and more interest in visiting Sunny he begun to have. It was definitively a better experience that going back home to another...scene.

What do I even say to them?, Grizz thought, Maybe I should just play it cool and act like nothing's wrong. After all they didn't see me, right?

Grizz entered the cave on high alert for any signs that he should just hightail it back out the door. But no, he could see Panda sitting innocently at the kitchen table while Ice Bear was making a meal. The scene was so familiar, just like every other day, but Grizz couldn't just walk in with the 'every other day' energy. He just couldn't. He took a deep breath and entered the kitchen.

"Oh, Grizz. You've been gone all day", Panda said with concern in his voice.

"I woke up early and took a walk. Uh, the doc said it would be good for me", Grizz quickly explained, impressed with himself for coming up with such a good excuse.

"Oh, that does sound pretty nice. I slept in, though", Panda shrugged, his phone buzzed on the table and he quickly picked it up.

"Right", Grizz coughed awkwardly. Guess I'm not the only liar in the house.

"Breakfast is ready", Ice Bear announced.

"But enough about me, have you two done anything interesting while I was out?", Grizz asked. He wanted to just drop the subject but he wanted to hear whatever lie they dared to give him.

Ice Bear froze for a split second in his motion of setting the plates on the table and Panda looked up from his phone.

"Well, not rea--", Panda stammered but Ice Bear cut him off.

"Ice Bear has been giving Panda some 'private dance lessons'", Ice Bear said with a devious smirk on his face. Unbeknownst to Grizz, Ice Bear was getting some satisfaction of seeing Panda squirm in embarrassment. The other two bears looked to Panda, eager to hear his response to the lie.

"Uh, yeah. Dance lessons. In fact we had a session this morning. Didn't we?", Panda said through grit teeth directing his vision to Ice Bear.

"Ice Bear can't wait for the next", the polar bear responded, reveling in the flustered panda's face.

"You know what I think we should just have breakfast already", Panda said feeling like he could just die right there. Why is Ice doing this to me?

The three bears ate breakfast with an air of awkwardness and tension between them. Grizz was the first to finish and break the silence. "So do you guys have any plans for today?", he dared to ask.

"Not anything out of the usual", Panda shrugged.

"Ice Bear has yoga class", the polar bear said.

"Well, I think I'll take another walk. Uh, don't wait for me or anything. I might get distracted along the way", Grizz chuckled.

"Uh, okay", Panda said. He didn't argue to Grizz leaving, in fact he had a few words for Ice Bear.

"And don't forget to clean up", Grizz said to them before he left, alluding to more than just the kitchen.