Chapter 15

Ice Bear has to get a hold of himself. Ice Bear can do this, the polar did his best to convince himself to do it. 

He looked at the messages shared between him and Panda. They made him feel different. When he talked to Panda without either of them knowing each other's identities, Ice Bear saw a different side of Panda. He saw a more passionate and sure side of him. And Ice Bear found new things budding within himself as well. He started to make cheesy little poems that he hoped Panda would like. Of course now matter what the poems said, Panda loved each of them. 

Panda likes what Ice Bear does, and Ice Bear likes....Panda.

Then that feeling came to him once again. It started ever since Ice Bear laid eyes upon that drawing Panda made for him. 

Panda is nice, Panda is cute, Panda is...my brother, Ice Bear thought to himself miserably. Panda would never have interest in Ice Bear. 

It's just how Ice Bear has always been. Ice Bear is cold. Ice Bear is distant. Ice Bear....does not like being Ice Bear sometimes, Ice Bear groaned in frustration, leaning against the back wall of the freezer. It was times like this that Ice Bear felt he was trapped. By himself of all people. 

"Usually, Ice Bear would be happy being himself, but he's not. Ice bear feels like he's missing something....and feeling won't go away", Ice Bear admitted to himself. It did feel good to be honest with himself. He put his phone down and stared at the freezer's top as if it was a ceiling. 

"Ice Bear fell in love with Panda", he groaned to himself. 

There was a knock on the freezer door, causing the polar bear to panic immediately. Was that Panda? Did he hear what Ice Bear just said? As the door began to open Ice Bear braced himself for the face of Panda, but instead it was Grizz. Ice Bear sighed and looked at his eldest brother. 

"What does Grizz want?", Ice Bear asked, folding his arms in a huff. He was still feeling a bit hurt by what Grizz told him the other day. 

"Look, little bro. I know that we had some disagreements about this whole...thing", Grizz started. 

Ice Bear looked away from Grizz, not wanting to think about it. 

"But you know what. Really it's none of my business. Look, it's your choice when you wanna tell Panda. This whole thing is...different...but I'm only making worse by forcing you to do this. I'm taking off for the night. I got tickets for a double feature. Tell him, don't. Little bro, it's up to you. Well, I'm taking off", Grizz ended rather awkwardly, getting up and slowly shutting the freezer door. 

I just need a day for myself. It shouldn't be my job for him to come clean. If he wants to string Panda along then he can handle the consequences, Grizz firmly thought to himself, making his way to the front door. He had already told Panda he was leaving earlier so there was no reason to stay around here.

Grizz is gone? Should Ice Bear just get it over with? Well, maybe Ice Bear should just try.

Ice Bear got out of his fridge and took a deep breath. But he couldn't just walk into Panda's room and make the announcement. If he was going to do this, he was going to do it right. He quickly decided that it would be best to walk outside and formulate his plan.

About 20 minutes later. Ice Bear came back to the cave with some supplies that he would be best to use for the night. The plan that Ice Bear came up with was making one of those dinner atmospheres he had seen in many of the romance anime's he had watched with Panda. It would be that night that he would finally come clean to Panda. He could only hope it would go well.