New start

The apartments, around which we were passing by the car, were not like these in New Jersey. Nothing was like that in New Jersey. Everything was... Different.
"Are you excited, buddy?" My dad looked at me from the car mirror and smiled friendly "everything will be fine again"
"Sure" I said without much enthusiasm, still looking the rain out the window.
I didn't want to move, I wanted to be in our previous apartment. But my dad wanted to forget about everything  which happened there, he wanted to feel happy again. I don't think I can forget it.
"We are almost there! I'm sure you will like our new home, Sal!" With these words he brought me back from my minds.
I looked at him with fake smile. Of course he didn't see it, because I wore my prosthesis mask. But he saw it in my eyes, in this way he knew when I am happy, sad or angry.

But i don't show my emotions so much

15 minutes later we were there. It didn't look very cozy, but our previous apartment was not too.
"Addison apartments" I said. This was written in front of the building. Outside was still raining, so we hurried to get in
We climbed the stairs to the fourth floor. We stood before a door with a large iron digits 402.

It would seem to be our new home. I opened the door quickly and looked inside. It didn't look so bad, it actually looked great! Little dirty, but comfortable place.
"This will be our new beginning, we can finally leave what happened in New Jersey behind us now... "My dad said. " Why dont you go explore the building and make new friends while I finish unpacking? "
I started walking around. The hallways were same, every with yellow wall and green doors. There smelled... Strange.

I went to the fifth floor. Everything seemed as if it hadn't been used for years. Most doors were sealed. I came in one open door. Nothing special.
"You didn't have to come... " Someone behind me said.
"Oh, I didn't know someone lives here!" I turned back, but there was no one. "Huh... I thought i-"Scratching was heard from one door next to me. I opened it quickly. Just bathroom. It seemed as if it had never been cleaned. Another strange noise, but this time closer to me.
"Is anyone in here?" No one replied "... It's okay, I won't hurt you, I'm a friend"

There was a loud scream, the lamps turned on and off few times. The she appeared. Little spirit. She didn't look dangerous.
"You are?" The girl with purple hair and pale skin said. She had long, maybe before purple, but now faded and torn dress. Maybe... Eight years old.
"Yeah sure, my name is Sally face." I replied
"Your name is funny! You aren't scared of me Sally face?" She asked me.
"No, of course not" She didn't seem scary, honestly, she looked beautiful with her smile on her face
"Okay, that's good. Why do you have pigtails in your hair? That's for girls, silly!" She laughed at me.
"Ha, who ever said that only girls can wear their hair in pigtails? I like pigs too." I said friendly
"I never thought of that. You are funny boy!i thi-" I heard another scratching and looked at the door. Nothing. I turned back to her... But she was disappeared. I was alone in empty bathroom.
"Hello, little girl? Are you still here?Huh" I was really confused, I didn't start to go crazy, right? No, I didn't think. But I saw spirit! Real spirit!
"Better, not to think a lot about it now. Maybe I'll find some explanation later."