Nothing ever happened

Back to the past

"Oh hey Larry, you are here earlier" I said looking at the sandwiches I made when I heard the front door open.

"Actually, the right name is Todd" I look up to see Todd standing next to the kitchen door with his hands in front of his chest smiling.

"Oh sorry man, usually the one who enters without knocking is Larry" I smiled "I'm still making the food, give me a moment"

"Well here you are right." I heard footsteps "do you need help?"

"Nah dude, I'm fine. Did you bring the film?" I said washing my hands

"Larry said he'll take it, I got some snacks. Now we just wait until they come"

"They? Is Neil coming too? Or Larry's bringing a friend?" He always did it, I didn't mind it tho, as long as they didn't make fun of me. But they all were cool dudes.
Todd just smirked at me evilly

"Oh did I forgot to say?" He said obviously knowing the answer, looking at the wall like he tried to remember.
I put my hands in front of my chest and told him to hurry. Then it hit me.

"Wait, she agreed coming at my place..?" My eyes widened

"You know her, stubborn, but when it comes to non stop asking she agrees" He laughed at his joke

I couldn't believe I was going to meet Ash after months avoiding me. Was I going to fall in love again? Or it never stopped. Was she going to be the same shiny girl as before? And did she find someone else? These questions were going through my mind over and over, making me insane. I told myself I'm stupid one more time and went in the living room, where Todd was putting the snack in one bowl as a mix.

"You kept so long there, is everything okay?" He looked at me

"For sure, I was just wondering if Larry took the right movie" I've always been a bad liar.

"I'm sure she likes you, sal. Just be patient. You remember when I first met Neil he wasn't gay, but after I confessed to him everything changed, even though it was slowly. Just wait till your moment, Sally Face" He smiled when he started talking about Neil.
They were so cute together. I didn't say anything after that, neither he did.

After couple of minutes Larry came after that and chug, maple was sick that day. It was going to be awkward for Larry if she was with us, so I guess we were okay with it. I didn't mean I don't like maple, she's cool and I love her style.

After 15 minutes I started to loose hope, did she really lie? Or something bad happened while coming? I really should stop asking myself questions when I don't have answers on them.

"Sorry Sally face, but it gets pretty late, better we start with the movie without her." Larry told me and took them from the couch "you guys ready?"

"Just don't choose a horror film, you know I hate them" Chug said eating from the chips.
Larry just rolled eyes. Todd were texting someone, probably Neil. I knew that smile. I sighed when I understood she's not going to come.
"Yeah, let's start"

"Cool. I was thinking about-"
We heard knocking
"Oh, I'm going to look it" Todd said and went there. It became silent for seconds, filled with anxiety and fear. From me.
Then he came with a girl behind him. I opened my mouth, I've never mistake this girl. She was wearing a black hoodie with jeans. I saw her beautiful green eyes looking around and her unique smile that warms my heart. God I love her so much. Her hair was shorter, but still pretty.

"I'm sorry I'm late, guys. I had my english lessons and I couldn't come earlier."

"No worries, now can you sit down so I can say what we are going to watch?" Larry said a bit annoyed

"Bruh Larry, what's wrong with you today?" Todd asked. Larry looked him strangely, but didn't answer

"So I couldn't choose between star Wars the rise of Skywalker and vampire's diaries." He showed us

"Totally star Wars! Who's gonna watch a stupid romantic movie?" Ash laughed. This laugh..

"It's not just a romantic movie! It's the best romantic movie I've ever seen!" He said seriously, but we all took it as a joke and laughed loudly

"Fuck off, all of you" He said but couldn't hide his smile. "So looks like star Wars won"

***

The bowl were already empty at the middle of the film and I felt a bit thirsty, so I excused myself and went to the kitchen for a cup of water. When I was going to unbutton my mask when I felt someone behind me. I turned around and saw Ashley.

"Oh, hey ash, do you want water too?" I said obviously worried and a bit red already

"No actually, I came to ask you something" Her hands were behind her as she looked away, looking really calm

"What is it?" I put the cup down

"First, I'm sorry for avoiding you all that time. I wasn't ready to face you. I wasn't going to be here now if Todd wasn't a dick head and annoyed me to death. Whatever, I wanted to ask you, can we forget about that? I'm not ready for a relationship. Just like it never happened?"

I first just looked at her and her eyes to see if she's telling me the truth. After a moment I nodded

"Fine, like anything happened."

"What happened?" She smiled at me and it actually made me smile back. "Now let's go to the others" She pointed and started walking.

"Coming" I said and drank the water, then I looked at my mask. To be honest I wasn't sure if I was supposed to be with it. I was with friends. But chug has never seen me and I guess he was going to be afraid. He's such a baby sometimes. I put my mask and ran there.

***

It was already like 1 am and everyone were gone. I started cleaning all the mess these pigs did, as usual. Then I heard noises from the kitchen. Scratching noises. I went there with few plates in my hands
"Hello? Is someone there?" I asked looking at the dark "gizmo?" I said but then I remembered he was in my room since ash was allergic. "Megan?"

I turned the light on. This absolutely wasn't Megan...