The letter

Few days after

I had not seen Ashley after the day I confess to her. She was avoiding me all the time. I couldn't blame her, it was my fault. I deserved this. I don't think if she even was going to school. I miss her.

I looked at the clock on the wall in the chemistry class. Only 5 minutes left. I looked at Larry who was sitting on the desk behind me. He noticed me and made weird face. I giggled and turned back. When we heard the bell I saw Travis in the hallway. I don't know why, but I went to him. When he saw me his face changed.
"Hey."
"What do you want, feak?!" He asked rude as usual.
"To talk to you."
"I'm not talking with sinners." He looked away and then I noticed his black eye.
"Travis, did your dad do this to you?"
"It's not your business, now go away!"
Woah, it's hard to talk with him. I didn't say anything and just walked away.

Before the last class I went to the boys bathroom. When I made sure no one was in there I took off my mask and washed my face. Its important to keep it clean, or it's gonna bleed again. Then I saw it. One letter on the floor. I took it and read

"I know we don't really know each other and you probably have your opinions of me. I thought maybe if  I told you how I feel, things could be different. The truth is I can't stop thinking about you, I'm crazy about you. I think you are amazing! But I know these feelings are wrong. That's not the way boy should feel. Shame shallows me whole, just writing these words. My father would kill me, but I can't live in this shadow forever. I just"

Nothing more. I put my mask back.
"Is anyone here?"I started walking and knocking on the cabins. I saw someone is in the last, jeez, I hope he didn't see me without the mask.
" Is anyone here?"

"No duh, fuckwad. Buzz off!" I heard like a crying voice behind the door. I knew this voice.

"Travis? We're you just... Crying a second ago?"

"S-sally face? I- No! What the hell? Can't a guy get some privacy?"

"It's okay to have emotions, you know?"

"Yeah, for queers! Just leave me alone, alright?!"

Everything became in silence for few seconds.

"Why do you hate me so much?"
I heard him sighing annoyed

"Because you and your dumb friends are a bunch of homos! It's sick! It's not right! God will never love you! Why should I?!" It was pretty painfully

"You know we aren't actually gay, right? I mean, besides for Todd. But that's part of who he is and I think it's wonderful. He is one of the kindest people I know. How could anyone hate him?"

"Ugh!"

"Is your father pushing these beliefs on you?"

"Just because he is preacher doesn't mean he owns me! I'm my own person!"

"Is that the reason of your black eye?"

"You are too curious, the fuck!"

"You seem so unhappy, man. Are you sure your dad isn't putting too much pressure on you?"

"You have no idea what it's like." I heard his voice filled with sadness.

"Do you want to tell me?"

He didn't answer.

"Is that letter your?" I gave it to him from the space from the floor and the door.

"Where did you found it?! No, of course it's not!"

"But there's your name on it?"

"Stop asking me shit, ugly face!"

"Travis, I'm not going to stop until you tell me."

"Fuck off! Yes, it's mine! Go tell the whole school that I'm a fucking sinner like you and your dumb friends!"

"I'd never do it and there's nothing wrong to be gay."

"Whatever! If you tell anyone you are dead, got it?"

"Yes, but I'm not going to." I wanted to ask for who is, but I didn't want to make him even more mad.

"Good. Now go away!"

I nodded even when I knew he wouldn't see it and took one paper from my notebook and one pen.

"If you want to talk, here's my number. Bye, Travis." And I walked away.

Travis's POV

I saw he giving one paper with a number on it under the door.

"If you want to talk, here's my number. Bye, Travis."

I got it. I got his number. I got Sal Fisher's number.