III

Wednesday Noon, 12th of September

Anonymous

          To remain calm in a dangerous situation is always your best way of survival. Freaking out or panicking causes you to not think properly, to lose focus and in many occasions, end up hurt or injured. 

          Amaya grew up learning not to show fear, to never give signs which could make you appear weak or scared. So when Amaya ran into one of Christopher's gang members, who's face she could clearly remember, she followed the advice and kept completely calm. As if being face to face with a man who could have a weapon on him right now, was as simple as being face to face with a trusted friend.

          "So, you're the lil' bitch that's bein' annoyin' to my boss." The man said. Amaya took notice of how much bigger he was than Christopher. His muscles were poking through his t-shirt and as much as that would've been attractive, the way he was treating her was no where near as attractive as his looks.

          "I'm not annoying him, at least, I'm not trying to. Your boss thinks that he is better than everyone else. I'm trying to prove to him that it is not the case and that not everyone fears him." Her explanation only angered the man even more. He couldn't believe that someone was speaking about his boss and best friend like that.

          "You should shut the fuck up, bitch. You're lucky it's me runnin' into you and not him." This only made Amaya laugh. She was completely unfazed with how this man was trying to scare her. She knew that he nor Christopher would dare touch her.

          "Right and what is Christopher going to do to me, huh? Strap me down to a chair and tickle me? The farthest Christopher will go is holding a gun up to me, he would never actually hurt me." She stated, seeming so sure of herself. The man's face held an expression of shock. He couldn't believe his ears.

          No one had ever dared to disrespect his boss, whether Christopher was around or not. The people of New York knew that Christopher's men were everywhere and they'd only be stupid to use his name in a disrespectful manor.

          "You'll regret what you said, bitch." He spoke before walking away. Amaya rolled her eyes, ignoring his attempt to scare her.

          On lookers watched from afar as the scene ended. Some didn't know her while others recognised her from the day before. They wanted to go up to her and question her about the way she acted around the gang leader but they knew better than to associate with Christopher's victim's.

          As witnesses of the scene worried for Amaya's safety, the girl herself couldn't care less as she went about her day. Christopher on the other hand, was fuming. After being alerted of what happened today with the girl and one of his best friends, he knew he couldn't let her get away with this. Not a chance.

          "Strap her down and tickle her. Who the fuck does this bitch think she is?" Christopher questioned, pacing around in front of his desk. Tremaine and August, Christopher's most trusted members and best friends, sat on the couch which was in front of the desk.

          They knew that Christopher was mad, it was nothing new to them. What was new though, was the situation that they were in. Usually, their boss would be mad over stolen money or drugs. He'd be mad over the murder of his gang members. He'd be mad because of overdue debt. He'd be mad over something to relate with his gang and his position as gang leader.