XXX

Tuesday Midnight, 28th of July

Anonymous

          The room was full of commotion. People running around everywhere as pained screams rung throughout the room. The temperature in the room seemed to be getting warmer as the big moment neared.

          "On five, I want you to push, okay?" The lady dressed in white spoke as she stood between the open legs of the woman in the bed.

          "Mhm." The woman hummed, unable to actually say a word due to the pain she was experiencing.

          "One, two, three, four. . .five. Push!" The woman did as told, another pained screaming coming out of her mouth as she gripped tightly onto the hand which was holding hers.

         "Come on baby, you can d-do it." The voice beside her encourage. "You got this Amaya. . .y-you a strong woman. Come on baby, p-push through." The man couldn't even seem to imagine what pain his wife was going through.

          "I am Christopher! I fucking-. . .fuck!" Christopher would've laughed at the unusual sound of his wife swearing but it was not the time.

          "I see a head! Come on mama, another push for me in three, two, one!" The doctor spoke, making Amaya squeeze tightly onto Christopher's hand.

          He didn't complain about the pain he was going through, knowing that his wife had it worse and at this point, he'd do anything to not see her in pain and if that meant that his own pain, then that's what he'd give to stop her screams.

          "Heads out! The heads out! One more push!" Christopher's heartbeat picked up as he heard the words of the doctor.

         "Come on baby, come on." Christopher encouraged. Amaya let out a strangled cry, pushing one last time before the cries of an infant were heard.

          Christopher and Amaya's eyes widened as they stared at the baby which was now placed on Amaya's chest. Tears fell out of both of their eyes, staring at the life that they created.

          "Would the daddy like to cut the umbilical cord?" A nurse interrupted. Christopher nodded, letting go of his wife's hand to grab the scissors, following the nurse's orders as she told him where to cut.

          Blood splattered out but Christopher and Amaya didn't mind. Their only focus was the new life in front of them. They looked at each other, Christopher leaning down to place a kiss upon his wife's lips.

          "You did it baby, you did so good." Christopher praised, his tears mixing with Amaya's.

          "Thank you baby." The two continued to stare at the child, not knowing it's gender but happy none the less that the child was healthy.

           "It's a boy." A nurse cut in, knocking the two out of their trance as the nurses rushed around to clean up. "Congratulation's Mr and Mrs Brown on your son. Do you have a name picked out?" The nurse asked, smiling at the family.

          "Tyler." The two spoke, smiling at the nurse who only cooed at them, unable to handle the cuteness of the new family.

          "I hate to disturb this but may we clean the baby?" Another nurse cut in, resulting in a reluctant nod from the new parents.

. . .

          Family and friends came and visited, congratulating the new parents and bringing food and presents to the hospital room. Everyone wanting to get a peak at the new addition to the family.

          It wasn't until 9PM the next day, did people stop coming in, allowing the woman to rest as her husband never left her side.

          "I can't believe we created him." Amaya sighed, smiling at the baby which was asleep next to her bed.

          "I know. . .I honestly can't be happier right now." Christopher spoke, a smile starting to form on his face. "I have a wife and a son. I have a family. . .who would've thought that someone like me could have this kinda' happiness." The words made Amaya frown, turning to face the man she loved.

          "Don't say that. . .everyone deserves happiness. Just because you're a gang leader does not mean you don't deserve to be happy." The words made Christopher smile widely, a silent chuckle leaving his lips in attempt to not wake the child.

          "Thank you Amaya. Thank you so much for everything you do baby, I love you." Amaya blushed, giggling quietly.

          "I love you too." She spoke as both her and Christopher looked into each other's eyes, satisfaction, love and happiness filling the room.

          This was their familyTheir perfect little family.