IX

Sunday Morning, 15th of September

Anonymous

         The young woman sat at the window, watching as the sun continued to rise. The man she had been awaiting to bring her food has yet to wake up and it was expected due to the events which occurred the night before.

          A sigh left her lips as her stomach let out a loud grumble, interrupting the silence of the house. After getting used to being fed at around 11AM to 12AM, it being 2PM was not good as her body was in pain at having to wait longer for the food in which she craved.

          The sounds of yelling cut through the silence of the house like a knife. She knew it was Christopher yelling at the women in which he'd brought with him last night but she couldn't exactly hear what was being said. Her heartbeat picked up, wondering what was going on outside the confinement of her room, until the voice's became clearer. She could hear the man telling the women to get out of his house, using every curse word he could think of as they cried and pleaded with him to stay over just a bit longer.

          After what felt like hours of screams back and forth between the man and the women, Amaya finally heard them leave, followed by silent sobs and curses at the man. Then, just as it was not long ago, the house was silent.

          The time passed in slow minutes and it wasn't until her phone read 3:30PM in which the man of the house finally walked through the door to the bedroom in which she occupied. She made the wise choice of not speaking as the man looked annoyed, tired, in pain and angry.

          She watched quietly as he left the food on her bedside table and left, ignoring the woman's presence as if she had never existed in the first place. The door closed and she let out a sigh of annoyance but at the same time, it was also a sigh of relief.

          She rushed over to the food, ignoring the fact that Christopher didn't stay to talk to her. The last thing she wanted was to talk to the man while he was annoyed and tired which she knew would only add to the temper that he usually had.

          As she sat and ate her bowl of spaghetti, she wondered how long it would take her to at least get the man to change in the slightest. She could tell that he had bad habits and she wondered if anyone ever actually noticed them.

          She stopped thinking after a while, giving her mind time to rest and not overwork itself. It would take a lot of her energy, time and patience to try and help Christopher and she couldn't waste it all on thinking.