XXVII

Wednesday Afternoon, 10th of November

Amaya

          My eyes widened as I took in Christopher's appearance. We'd spent all day apart, getting ready for this date that he'd planned. We both left and returned to his house at different times of the day, trying to look our best. I went and got my hair and nails done as well as going to buy a new outfit but it turned out that Christopher had done much more than me by shaving all his hair off and dying it blonde.

          "Woah, you look different. . .it suits you." I said, smiling as Christopher chuckled, leaning down to place a kiss on my lips as I stood at the bottom of the stairs while he stood on the first step.

          "I would say the same for you but even that couldn't describe how beautiful you look right now, princess." I blushed, shaking my head at his words.

         "Thank you." I smiled as he smiled back. I watched as he walked over and grabbed the keys off the key rack, opening the front door for me which I made my way too.

          I smiled at him again as he locked up his house before leading me to his all black Lamborghini. He stopped me, rushing to open my door for me which made me giggle, shaking my head at him.

          "What?" He asked, a slight frown on his face. "What's wrong?" He asked again as I climbed into the car.

          "Nothing, you're just being such a gentlemen...I've never experienced this side of you." I shrugged, making Christopher sigh.

            "Oh, yeah." He nodded, sighing again before giving me another smile, closing the door before rushing over to the drivers side and climbing in.

. . .

          "How much did this cost, Christopher?" I asked as we ate our Chicken Paella. My eyes couldn't stop wandering around the fancy, expensive looking restaurant which Christopher brought me too.

          I couldn't remember the name but I did know that it was something in a completely different language. When Christopher and I walked through the front doors, I was immediately taken aback by how beautiful it looked but I was definitely shocked once Christopher took me to the roof. It was full of fairy lights and it was open to the night sky which made everything way prettier.

          "Don't worry yo' pretty lil' mind 'bout that, baby girl. As long as you like it, that's all that matters right now." I scoffed at the words he used to describe my emotions.

          "Like it? Christopher, I love it! I've never been on a date so. . .so beautiful." Christopher smiled, a soft blush coating his cheeks which was visible due to all the little fairy lights surrounding us.

          "I actually asked you on a date for a reason, Amaya." Christopher's tone was a bit more serious now but it was also mixed with something else. . .nervousness.

          "What is it? Do you need to tell me something?" I asked, also feeling slightly nervous myself.

          Christopher sighed, tilting his head up so that he was staring at the millions of stars that covered the night sky. I frowned, noticing how his breathing was picking up a little and that his leg was bouncing, something I assumed he did when he was nervous

          I decided not to say anything else, not wanting to rush him into speaking. It seemed as if this was really nerve racking for him and I didn't want him to feel pressured into saying anything if he didn't really want to.

          "I know we kind of. . .like. . .we-. . .well." He huffed in annoyance, obviously trying to find the right words as his face held a confused expression. "Look Amaya, we both said that we loved each other and I know that we both meant it but we never really...we never discussed anythin', ya' know? Like. . .okay, Amaya. . .will you be my girlfriend?" My eyes widened at the question, a nervous giggle leaving my mouth.

          "Are you serious?" Although I knew he was serious, I couldn't seem to believe the words that left his mouth.

          "Yes, I am. I don't know what it is Amaya. I know every single guy must say this but you're literally so perfect, like. . .you're different from the other girls. With Rihanna and Karrueche, I never felt like this. They didn't understand me like you do. Ya' never once asked me for anything and you always just seem to know if there's somethin' wrong and you're always checkin' on me and it's like for once, someone genuinely cares about me and it's not just me doin' all the carin' ya' know?" I smiled at his words, trying to hold back the frown at some of the things he was saying.

          "Of course I care about you Christopher, why wouldn't I? You're a human like everyone else and you have feelings too. You're not some. . .some bank for me to use." I frowned, reaching over the table to grab his hand.

          "Thank you, Amaya. You're so sweet. You don't understand how much I love you." He said and a huge smile replaced my frown. I giggled, looking down as Christopher reached over to grab my other hand, running his fingers over my knuckles.

          We went into a peaceful silence, staring at each other in complete admiration and love. I have never felt the way I do for Christopher, for anyone else. I've been on dates, had boyfriends and kissed before but no one has been as amazing as Christopher. Although we'd had a really rough and bad start, I'd managed to get through to him and get him to be himself around me. I'd managed to do what most people would've deemed as impossible and all it took was a bit of patience and time.

          "Of course I'll be your girlfriend, Christopher and I love you too." The eye smile that Christopher gave me was enough to bring tears to my eyes.

          "I love you so much Amaya." He whispered, getting off of his seat and making me stand up. He placed one hand on my waist and the other on my cheek, bringing my lips into a soft, slow kiss.

          My arms wrapped around his neck as his went around my waist. I heard nearby waiters cooing but at this moment, I wasn't focusing on them, I was focusing only on Christopher, the man I love.