Steve imagine

Y/n's pov

"We both know that's not the truth!" You were infuriated . "I already told you Steve! I went to the park near Buck's! I didn't go in! I didn't talk to any guys! And I definitely didn't dance on them and cheat on you!". Today was your two year with Steve and you were expecting a nice date. You wrote him a song as a gift, because that's what you did best and we're very excited to sing it for him. But he was distant all day, and when you asked about it he snapped at you about you supposedly cheating. Which you know you didn't. Tears of frustration threatened to fall down your face as you glanced around the empty living room. Your twin brother Sodapop managed to get everyone out of your house for your special day. For the first time ever you were wishing you and Steve weren't alone. "I can't be with a liar Y/n!". Your gaze snapped back on to him. "I'm not lying!" You practically screamed. He just scoffed "wow, know what we're done. I can't believe you". All you could do was watch in shock as he stormed out and slammed the door. Your eyes stayed glued to the door for at least five minutes before reality struck you. Then you cried your heart out until you heard the gang happily bounce in. "Hope we're not interrupting anyth- Y/n?" Soda ran over. "What's wrong?" You managed to sob out "he dumped me". Pony and Soda hugged you. "Hey Dal, take Johnny and two and go to Bucks, we need a little". Darry spoke and walked over to you joining your family group hug. "You'll be okay."

————————————————————

*two weeks later*

Steve's pov

I was a wreck. I don't know what cane over me, but I know that I have never regretted anything more then I regret breaking up with Y/n. Not only did I lose the girl of my dreams but my best friends were being really harsh. Especially Soda. I decided to head over to the Curtis's. I had to win her back. When I walked in the door Pony looked up and glared at me. "Calm down kid" my eyes traveled to y/n's usual spot on the couch to see it empty. "Where's y/n" Darry walked in "her room, she hasn't come out in weeks". After some arguing they agreed to bring me up as long as the rest of the gang was there. We climbed the stairs and heard some piano keys start. Man, did I miss her music. A sad melody played and we all dropped outside her door. "I'm still alive but I'm barely breathing" her voice traveled through the air. I always loved her voice. The music picked up as she sang. "Cause when a heart breaks no it don't break even, even, oh. What am I supposed to do when the best part of me was always you? And what am I supposed to say when I'm all choked up but your okay? I'm falling to pieces". A tear rolled down my cheek as I realized the song was about me. I looked up and the gang was staring at me. Everyone was mad, but Darry looked sympathetic. "I'm going in" they went to follow but Darry stopped them. "We're routing for you" I nodded and quickly entered the room.

Hey guys! Sorry it's been so long! This was inspired by a song called "breakeven" by the script. I DID NOT WRITE THE SONG. Well I hope you enjoyed, bye!