Chapter 15: Camp out

Aio's POV

"You ready to go?" I asked Octavia I hoped that she hadn't packed too much stuff or else we'll be late "ready" she said lugging down a small suitcase I was relieved that it was small "ok get in" I told her I put her suitcase in the trunk of my car it wasn't much just the most affordable one that Cap'n had gotten me for my sixteenth birthday it was blue of course I got in front and we were off "so tell me how are we going to introduce Kage and Jinny?" I asked we hadn't come up with a plan yet so I thought it would be nice to have one now "I'll tell Kage that Jinny is like me an octoling who defected from the army" she said I nodded she's clever we arrived at our first stop it was Jinny Octavia got out of the car and talked to him it seemed they were good friends "well i'm glad she found a friend that she can relate to" I thought but than they hugged I glared at Jinny. "never mind I wish they never met".

Jinny had a weird Mohawk like thing for his hair and it was also pink still he was considerate and held the car door open for Octavia than got in "so your Jinny huh?" I asked "and I assume your Agent 3" he replied I wasn't shocked he seemed to know me "yeah but call me Aio it means hero" I said "it also means love" Octavia said I looked back at her and tried to glare but she had said it so sweetly and I didn't mind it as much as when the others said it "yeah it means that too but just call me Aio" I said than we drove off I had Splattack! on it was what I consider a classic though it is the national Turf war song so. We arrived at Kage's place I had texted him about camping but not about who was coming Kage was waiting on the porch with two older inklings behind him it surprised me he seemed like me a lone wolf with no parents but apparently not. He saw us and tried to come but his parents stopped him and seemed to be telling him how to act than he hugged them and lugged his suitcase to the car I sighed remembering my own parents tears threatening to burst through but I held them back. Kage put his suitcase in the trunk and before he could climb in Octavia stopped him they talked for a second understanding seemed to dawn on him after a bit than he went around and climbed in shotgun he turned around and he looked surprised at Jinny "who are you?" he asked "didn't Octavia tell you?" I asked him "yeah but I thought he was a girl" he told me "it's not a girl's name!" he said I smiled it seems they were going to get along great "anyways this is Kage" I told Jinny he nodded "it means shadow and unlike this guy next to me sounds cool" Kage said "my name is cool!" I told him the rest just laughed, four days of this, it's gonna be a long trip.

We had arrived at the campsites we already paid before we came here so we were let in we parked "ok everyone grab your stuff!" I told them as I turned off the car we got out and got our bags my bag was blue and had a big 3 on it Kage's was black and had a stylized 4 on it Octavia's was red with no design and Jinny's was light blue with a wave design I had a map to the campsite so we were on our ways.

*One hour later*

"Are we there yet?" Kage asked this had been going on for a while I knew he was joking but it was really annoying "no we aren't i'll tell you when we get there" in fact we were just about there a minute later I told him we were there "hey!" I shouted to Vivi and Shade they waved to us they seemed to have taken care of everything tents, a kitchenette, a fire pit and a table though I had no idea why there were only three tents "hey" they said as we got closer "so first let's get introductions out of the way I'm Vivi and the guy failing to start a fire is my boyfriend Shade" Vivi said "hey I've almost got it!" Shade said Kage looked a bit crestfallen when she told him about her boyfriend though why I have no idea. "I'm Jinny" said Jinny "I'm Kage which means shadow" Kage said so with the short but simple introductions out of the way I asked my question "why are there only three tents?" I asked "we'll be sharing I'll be with Shade and Kage will be with Jinny" Vivi said and I knew who was next I shouldn't have let them plan this "what about me and Aio?" Octavia asked "you two will be sharing one as well" Shade said "What! Why!?" Octavia asked as for me I was too overcome with embarrassment to ask "because you two were left over so we put you two together it should be fine because you live together already" Vivi said though the real reason I could tell they were trying their very best to get me and Octavia together just to embarrass me "ok so anything we could do to help" I asked "ya Aio you chop some firewood Kage you take over fire lighting duties Shade you start unpacking our stuff and the rest unpack yours and whoever your sleeping with" Vivi said with a bit of an evil smile "Carp!" I muttered under my breath they were trying very hard to embarrass me weren't they we set to work

Octavia's POV

I had unpacked Aio's stuff and my suitcase. I finished early "hey Octavia can you fetch some more firewood we need more fuel" Kage asked I nodded and went to Aio he was very diligent about it because I would hear the periodic chop as Aio worked I saw him a bit of a distance away he had tied his Annaki Flannel Hoodie around his waist revealing his Basic Tee which clung to his sweat soaked skin he looked good for someone who was chopping wood I grabbed a bundle and walked off he didn't notice me as I did so I dumped the wood into the fire pit and walked off helping around the camp at dinner we were done and we roasted hot dogs over a roaring fire they were delicious afterwards Aio went to turn in for the night as the rest of us just sang campfire songs. When we all went to our tents I saw Aio looking at a picture of something it looked like he was about to cry "Aio?" I asked he looked at me "yeah" he said as he put the photo away "so how should this work?" I asked "i don't know but here when you need to change i'll get out of the tent and likewise for me ok?" he said I nodded it seemed like a good plan he had already changed so he got out to let me after I did I told him he could come back in he wrapped himself up in his blanket we were sleeping on an inflatable mattress so we were technically sharing a bed which made me blush "hey Octavia?" Aio asked "what?" I asked back "do you ever wonder what your old life is like or if you had done one simple thing everything would've been different?" he asked "yeah I always wonder who I was back than but I like it much better now than before don't you?" I said "yeah" he said we told each other good night and we went to bed.

Aio's POV

The next morning we woke up and I went outside in the frigid air I should've thought of a better way when she was done I got in and changed into my blue sweater and bobble hat for it was going to be a cold day as I got out the rest were by the fire trying to stay warm Kage had ignited it quite easily it seemed and bacon was frying on the grill ok I might be mad at my friends but they at least knew what I like to wake up too soon we were digging into pancakes and bacon with cups of hot chocolate though both Octavia and Jinny both burned their tongues with it though after being taught to drink it slowly till it cools they were enjoying it then we went on our first activity on this trip canoeing, it seemed that Vivi forgot about Octavia's seasickness and that she could only rent three two seating canoes and that we were going to be with who we share our tent with. We arrived at the docks there was a respawn platform just in case someone fell in the drink. Everyone got into their canoes except me and Octavia "I'll stay back with you if you want" I said "no I'll come I don't want to drag you down" she said obviously embarrassed "ok" I said we got in and I started rowing almost immediately Octavia was too sick to continue rowing luckily I was strong enough to do it for both of us.

Octavia's POV

Why did this have to be first activity why couldn't it be s'mores I was trying not to puke when Aio turned around "we could always turn around if you want" he said "no just go" I replied the others were taking in the view of the majestic mountains and the beautiful forests but I could only see my own sick complexion. Aio tried to get me to look at the occasional mountain but I always refused. "Octavia you need to see this" Aio said "not another mountain" I told him "it's not a mountain" I raised my head there was a sanitized Octoling on the banks glaring at us all thoughts of being sick left me "how is that thing here?" I whispered "don't know let's get our friends back to the campsite I have our equipment there" he replied "you brought our equipment camping?" I asked "I'm always prepared for these situations" he told me.