Chapter 30: My Hearts are Healing

Aio's POV

It has been a week since we started dating when Vivi and Shade found out they would not stop teasing me and Octavia but I didn't care.

Frozo was congratulating me he's a huge shipper because of all the love he's seen though I don't know how he had gotten it but he gave me a picture of me and Octavia kissing it was kind of him to do that.

When I had got it I pulled out my scrapbook back when I first got recruited I kept finding sunken scrolls and well it started me scrapbooking it contained important events and of course sunken scrolls I now had an entire page filled with pictures of me and Octavia I was running out of space whenever this happened I of course start a new page but I also write a description of the page or something like it.

I was thinking of what to write for this one when Octavia came in unnoticed

"what's this?" she asked I jumped she can be extremely stealthy

"um...well back when I was first recruited I started scrapbooking because of the sunken scrolls and well this page is on us" I told her than I explained what I was doing

"I have an idea why don't you use one of my poems?" she said I nodded that sounded great. She thought for a bit then recited a poem.

I thought I was a goner.

But then you came and ignited my flame.

My favorite man of honor.

"How's that?" she asked

"perfect" I told her writing that down then I closed the book and put it back where I kept it.

Octavia's POV

My life has been wonderful for the past week since we started dating. It was wonderful that I now was dating my Hero of Love. We had recovered enough to become active again so we were called for another meeting at the cabin.

"So now that we've got everyone here what's the plan and just to be clear we're not sending the new couple out because all the other times we did they got captured" Callie said eyeing me and Aio, I shrugged it was fair I especially liked how she called me and Aio a couple.

"well we need to start preparing our counter weapons" Frozo said he had come and was helping after he had finished what he was doing everyone looked at him confused then he elaborated

"well they have a ton of great octoweapons so we need to counter them so let's start making our own war machines" the others were nodding he was about to say more when he got shot he fell down covered in the Sanitized ink

"WE'RE UNDER ATTACK!!" I shouted everyone took cover. I looked around the corner.

It was a partially sanitized Inkling. She looked younger than me by a year and she was doing something that was impossible. She was dual wielding hydra splatling one in each hand. She was unleashing their combined might on us. Then it stopped and the sound of her charging it could be heard Aio jumped out from behind our cover and swung his inkbrush to splat the trespasser where she stood.

But he stopped his horizontal blow never landing he just stared at the Inkling the charging was almost complete so I jumped out with my brella in hand and instead of splatting her I swung my brella knocking the goop off her head knocking her unconscious I looked at Aio he looked shocked than he just collapsed.

Aio's POV

It couldn't possibly have been her she's been dead for two years yet here she was in front of me, it was Her.

*Flashback*

I was 14 I had just gotten into turf war and I was already climbing the ranks with my inkbrush but I was secretive and had a bad temper that other Inklings always steered clear of me but I didn't mind or that's what I told myself at least.