.10

C H A P T E R T E N
_______________________

Niall smiles widely when he hears Louis's front door creak open. A crimson blush breaks out onto his cheeks at the way Louis instantly goes in for a kiss, pulling Niall into his embrace so there is no space between them. Louis's right hand comes to rest on Niall's cheek, soft and loving, to adjust their faces so the kiss can be deepened. The action releases a flock of butterflies in Niall's stomach.

Louis's lips are pillowy and soft and he tastes of peppermint, probably from some tea he has brewed.

"I missed you," Louis whispers when they part.

Niall bites his lip and rests his forehead against Louis's. "The feeling is mutual."

The last three days, Niall has been sort of incognito in their relationship. He told Louis he needed time to rest, which was partly true, but he mainly felt as though he needed to dedicate his time to making sure Harry was okay. He wants to prove to Harry that he can make time for his best friend, despite seeing Louis more often. After all, Harry devotes so much of his time to taking care of Niall. It is only fair that Niall gives him a little bit of his time in return.

"Why don't you come inside? I've got some hot tea in the kettle. I added a splash of peppermint leaves, if that's okay."

"That's sounds amazing."

Niall does not tell Louis he already had a sample of the flavor from his lips. Instead, he follows the brunette into his flat, holding onto his arm in the unfamiliar environment.

"Here, let me take your coat."

Louis helps Niall out of his coat, hanging it on the coat stand beside the door. Niall flushes, rubbing his hand up his left arm to ward away his goosebumps. It feels strange to be inside of Louis's flat. Niall thinks he would probably feel more nervous if he was alone, but he brought Annie along. He was nervous to seek out the location without the service dog's help. Louis's flat is fairly close to the library, but farther than Niall has ever travelled alone.

"Is there a place for Annie to rest?" Niall asks.

"Of course. I set her up a sort of pillow bed over here."

"You didn't have to do that."

Louis scoffs. "Rubbish. She is my guest too, so she shall receive only the nicest of resting places."

Niall cracks a smile and bites his lip. He adores Louis so very much. Everything the lad does has so much care and effort behind it. Niall feels like the luckiest bloke in the world to have such a caring man in his life. Most people never find this amount of comfort.

"Annie, du repos," Niall speaks, and Annie walks over to Louis.

The brunette pats her on the back as she lays down on his makeshift pillow bed. She moves around quite a bit to get comfortable, but begins panting happily when she does. Louis scratches behind her ears and her eyes droop. She loves the attention.

"You know, Annie seems to fancy me quite a bit," Louis says, pleased.

"She isn't the only one."

Louis smiles playfully up at Niall. The blushing blond looks so handsome in his light grey khakis and his black long-sleeved shirt. The top hugs his torso in a beautiful way and looks sinful against his pale skin. Niall has his hair styled up today, effectively keeping it off of his forehead and showing he made an effort to look good for Louis.