.19

C H A P T E R N I N E T E E N
_______________________

Niall and Louis eventually have to work through where exactly Niall is going to stay.

At first, Niall thinks remaining independent and living on his own for a while seems be more appropriate, despite his strong feelings for Louis. He does not want to push their relationship to a level that Louis is not ready for, no matter how many times the brunette insists that sharing a bed with the blond does not bother him. However, Niall no longer wishes to live with Harry and he realizes that the disability check he receives each month cannot pay the full expenses of a flat after he shops around a bit, so he ends up moving into the empty room of Louis's flat.

It takes two whole days for the boys to get all of Niall's things moved over, mainly because Louis has to do most of the moving. Niall does not trust himself to carry furniture and valuables down the stairs and out the front door, and Louis even insists that the blond avoid participating too much. Louis says he does not mind the extra physical activity; he needs to "hit the gym more often anyway," according to the brunette himself.

One of the two days they move, Harry is even home, and he helps Louis to carry the furniture down. It is a bit awkward, but Louis still smiles through it, thanking Harry and shaking his hand when it is all said and done. Niall does not say much to Harry while they are there, but still thanks him and participates in conversation when it is necessary.

He still needs time to work through his confusing emotions.

Now, Niall and Louis are settled into Louis's sofa for the night, watching some movie about two people forced to repopulate the earth after a major nuclear war. The sounds emanating from the screen cause Niall to shudder. He hates to think of such violent acts taking place.

"Do you not like the movie, babe?" Louis finally asks, when he notices that Niall is patting Annie, acting completely oblivious to the lines being spoken.

The blond whips his head in the direction of Louis's voice, shrugging his shoulders.

"It's just not my kind of thing," he says. "I like happier movies."

"Well, of course you do, you little ball of sunshine."

Niall giggles as Louis tickles into his side. The movie is long forgotten on the screen as Louis attacks Niall's side with squirming fingertips, leaning over on the blond so he will not flail off of the couch in the midst of the battle.

Annie sighs and jumps off of the couch, almost seeming annoyed by all the excitement. After all, she is a dog who enjoys her downtime. She trudges over to her brand new deluxe dog bed, which Louis brought home yesterday as a surprise, and plops down to rest. It is almost as if she knows that Niall is in good hands and that she can take some time to herself.

"Louis, stop! I can't breathe!" Niall lets out in between his giggles, trying his best to grab Louis's wrists in his hands.

"Not until you say 'Louis Tomlinson rules and Niall Horan drools'!"

Niall laughs even louder at that, throwing his head back against the couch. He wishes he could see the smirk that he knows is on Louis's face.

"Says the lad who drools every time he sees my dick."

Louis gasps and tickles Niall even harder for a split second before retracting his hands and leaping from the couch before the blond can counter attack him. He laughs as Niall lets a pout form on his face, his hands reaching around for Louis's absent body.