.12

C H A P T E R  T W E L V E
______________________

      "There is no way you can do that to me. That's the last property I need to complete my set!" Louis scolds.

"Actually, I landed on it, so I can purchase it if I wish," Niall replies, giggling madly at the whine that escapes Louis's mouth.

Louis watches as Niall rolls the dice. The blond's fingers feel over the two cubes as he determines his roll, smiling victoriously when he realizes where this move will take him. Louis swallows a bite of Chinese takeout and rolls his eyes when Niall lands on Free Parking.

"This game is rubbish."

"I think you're just worried you might lose."

"Might?" Louis scoffs, shaking his head. "It's inevitable at this point. How did you get so good at this?"

Niall shrugs. "Monopoly is the first game I ever received in brail. It's also Harry's favorite, so we play it quite often."

"Ah, I see," Louis says. "So you are definitely going to win?"

"It's likely."

Louis smiles at the smirk that graces Niall's face. He adores himself for being able to raise Niall's mood and give the blond a good time.

Louis then thinks about how happy Niall had seemed when he arrived with their food at two o'clock. His biology lab at Uni had taken a bit longer than usual, so the blond was proper starved by that time he arrived. Niall scarfed down his portion of the Chinese fairly quickly, leaving Louis in utter shock. It angers him to know that Harry left without feeding Niall. Did he expect the blond to cook himself a chicken in the oven or something?

"Does Harry inform you of his work schedule when his boss sends it out?" Louis asks, drawing a chance card from the board as he lands on the space.

Niall furrows his brows at the question. "I mean, he gives me the basic rundown because he's in charge of all my doctor and therapy appointments and we have to work out the overlaps, but I can never remember the specifics."

Louis hums, biting his lip.

"I mean, he doesn't do this all the time," Niall continues. "He usually wakes me up before he leaves so he can tell me when he expects to get off."

"Why didn't he let you know today then?" Louis asks, but the question stumps Niall.

Niall wishes he knew himself. He wishes he could give Louis an answer, but he cannot. So he just shrugs and looks down, anxious now that he has been reminded of Harry's absence.

"I don't know. Maybe he didn't want to disturb me since I was out late."

"Possibly."

Louis does not mean to press Niall for answers, but something like this is serious. Ignoring his responsibility to feed a blind person is not exactly something that Harry should be given a light smack on the wrist for. Louis wonders how many times it has actually happened. Niall seems very quick to stand up for the lad, but, so far, Harry has done nothing but set a bad example for himself in Louis's eyes.

"I just hope it doesn't happen again."

Niall laughs, his voice taking on a teasing tone. "Awe, was bringing me food and spending time with me that bad?"